Chapter 38: The Truth (Part 1/2)

Chapter 38: The Truth (Part 1)

"Uh? M-Me? Why are you investigating me?" Natsumi asked confused.

"Well, from the information we had gathered, we found that, somehow, you're connected to the Phantom." Erza explained.

"Connected?"

"Yes. While you were gone, we faced the Phantom once again. He told us that you and him were 'buddies'." Wendy said.

"What? Buddies? With him? Please! Not even if I'm crazy! Did you really believed all his lies?" Natsumi said. Erza leaned closer to her and looked at her seriously.

"He also told us that you and Natsu were cursed, and because of that, you two have great powers. And he also said that you were a dark wizard!" Erza said while she punched the table hardly. Natsumi gasped and widened her eyes.

He... He really told them about me... Natsumi thought shocked.

"After the first time that you saw him, you've been acting strangely, like if you were hiding something from us..." Erza said seriously. "Tell me the truth, Natsumi. Are you really a dark wizard? What do you know about the Phantom? I want answers!"

"I'm not and I don't know!" Natsumi shouted while she started to get scared at Erza.

"Robert, isn't it? How do you know him? And why did you know his name? How did you know all about his powers? Huh? Also, how does he know about you?" Erza asked. Everyone in the guild were looking at them while mumbling things.

"What's going on?"

"Why is Erza angry at Natsumi?"

"Did something happen between them?"

Natsu and Gray were shocked.

"I've never seen Erza so angry before..." Gray said.

"I've never seen Natsumi so scared before..." Natsu added.

"I'm waiting..." Erza said impatiently.

"What do you want me to say?! I-I don't know anything about him... Honest-"

"LIE!" Erza shouted while punching the table again, and this time, she broke it. Natsumi jumped while she yelped.

"What's going on here?!" Master Makarov said while he looked down from the second floor at everyone and he widened his eyes. "Natsumi..."

"You're being everything but honest! Tell me! What does the Phantom want with you? With Natsu?! Checking of both records, I could see that the only one suspicious was YOU! So, why does he also want Natsu?! You guys are working together, aren't you?"

"N-No, I swear!"

"Erza! Stop this!" Master Makarov said.

"You know that the truth was going to be revealed someday, right? That day is today! So why hide it any longer?" Erza asked but Natsumi stood quiet. "Alright, then tell me this instead, why did he offered you his help to cure you from your 'curse'? Why did you rejected it?-"

"Erza! That's enough!"

"What questions do you have that he's the only one who has the answers? Why is all your information so unknown? Why doesn't anyone know anything about you?! You said that you used to traveled alone with Hope, right? Because you couldn't make any friends? Was that true? Or was it because they discovered that you were a dark wizard and you had to KILL THEM?!?!?!"

"ERZA!!!" Master Makarov shouted and Erza stopped. The guild was quiet, once again. Natsumi was standing at the center of the guild in shock while everyone was watching her.