Chapter 33: Too Sad To Handle

     After several hours of Natsu searching under the rubble, he gave up and then everyone left the cave. They got the reward and headed back to Fairy Tail. Everyone was quiet. They didn't say a word in the way back to their guild. Hope cried so much that fell asleep on Lucy's arms.

After hours of traveling, they were on Magnolia. They walked all the way to the guild with sad faces, even when they try to not remember what happened, they couldn't forget the pain that they all have.

So they got to the guild and, not like other times, Natsu actually opened the door normally.

"We're back..." Natsu said with a low voice. After everyone saw that, they all stop doing what they were doing and looked at them shocked. Mirajane walked toward them with a smile on her face, like she always do.

"Hi everyone! How was the mission?" Mirajane asked but no-one said anything. "Guys? Is there something wrong?" Mirajane asked. Erza walked toward her and looked at her seriously.

"Mira, can you please bring the Master? This is an emergency..." Erza said with no expression on her face. Mirajane widened her eyes and nodded while she ran toward the Master office.

The whole guild was in silence.

Moments after that, Mirajane walked down the stairs with Master Makarov.

"IDIOTS! This has to be an emergency like you say! I'm very busy dealing with the Magic Council for all your destructions you've caused, lately!" Master Makarov shouted while he sat down on the bar counter. When he saw that the whole guild was silence, he looked up to Team Natsu. "What's wrong, childrens?" He asked, starting to get worried.

Team Natsu looked at each other, trying to find a way to tell their master of what happened. Erza took a deep breath and walked to the front.

"Master, we have terrible news..."

"What is it, my child?"

"In our journey to complete our task on finishing the job, our comadre Natsumi Dragneel accidently activate a trap. She told us to carry on without her and she would find a way to deactivate the trap so none of us could get hurt. We did like she asked and left her behind. Moments after that, an explosion was heard on the back; Hope went toward the explosion to see that everything was alright." Erza started to explain. "After we defeated the monster successfully, Hope walked back and told us that... Natsumi... She couldn't make it through..." Erza finished while she tried to hold back her tears.

The rest of the team were already crying while the while guild was shocked. Master Makarov widened his eyes while he stood up on the bar counter.

"Y-You're saying that..." Master Makarov said and Erza nodded.

"Yes, Master..." Erza said while she handed Natsumi's scarf and sandal to her Master. "Natsumi is gone..." She finished while tears began to flow down her face. Everyone in the guild started crying while they remembered the time, or the short time, they spend with their friend.

"This is all my fault!" Natsu shouted while he punched the wall and made a hole on it. "I shouldn't had left her behind! I just knew it!" Natsu said with anger.

"Natsu... It's not your fault..." Lucy said while she walked toward him.

"Of course it was my fault!"

"It wasn't..." Hope said while she sat down on the table. "It was her decision..."

"What do you mean, Hope?" Happy asked.

"She already knew that this was going to happen, that's why she told us to leave..." Hope said while looking to the floor.

"She knew it from the start?" Gray asked and Hope nodded.