Reminiscing Before Goodbye....

Jacquees

I rolled over in my bed as the bright sunshine came through my blinds. I found out yesterday that I was the father to Skye's baby. I was hoping that I wasn't, but it is what is. I will take care of my child and that's all I am taking care of. I hate that I have to tell Exotic today because she is leaving today. I didn't tell her yesterday because she was spending the day with her aunt and I didn't wanna ruin her time with her. It seems like the time came so fast, but I knew it was coming nonetheless.

The only good thing is we both will be living out our dreams, but the sad and hard part is being away from each other that long. I wish things were different, but this is life. I finally got up and headed to the shower so I could spend time with Exotic. She is leaving at 5 this afternoon, so I gotta get a move on.

I finally got out the shower and did everything I had to do. I put on some some gray true religion sweats with a white tee. I put on my all white 1's and my black bucket hat with my dreads all down. I grabbed my keys and phone. I looked back at the clock on my nightstand before walking out. It was already 12 in the afternoon so I needed to make this move. Its now or never.

Just as I got to my car I got a text from Exotic.

**ExoticDancer: Meet me at the dance studio.

I looked at my phone and smiled. I got in the car and headed to the studio.

I finally made there and parked around back. This brought back so many memories. I got out and went through the back. I walked down the narrow hallway. I didn't know exactly where she was at but I heard music, so I followed the sound. It brought me to the door marked private. I walked inside and Exotic was sitting in the middle of the floor indian style. She looked beautiful. She had on a long black sundress with a split up her left leg. Her hair was down and it was straight. She had some black flat sandals and she had changed the color on her toes. They matched her nails. It was mint green color she was rocking now.

I stood over her admiring her beauty as she looked up at me.

"Why did you wanna meet here?" I asked taking a seat next to her on the floor.

"Well this is where it all got started, so I felt like why not spend our time here." She said smiling.

I could see the sadness in her eyes even though she was smiling. I was doing the same because I don't know how the hell I was gonna survive a whole year without her.

"Nah it didn't start here. It started at the kick back. You put me in my place and I knew then I had to have you in my life."

"Yeah I had to check yo ass cause you were feeling yourself too much."

"Whateva girl. You was feeling me too, you just didn't wanna admit it then."

"True, but I had to be that way. If not you would have thought you had me where you wanted me."

I chuckled because she wasn't lying about that at all. Right at that moment Boyz II Men's End of the Road came on. I sighed and looked over at Exotic. She smiled faintly and looked at me as tears welled in her beautiful eyes.

"I guess we are coming to the end of the road huh?"

"Exotic baby don't say it like that. I hate this shit as much as you do, but you know that if it wasn't about our careers this wouldn't be happening."

"I know it's just so hard Ja. That night you took my virginity is the night I knew I was in love with you. I knew before hand, but it hit me hard that night."

"Baby I think I fell in love with you when you checked my ass at the kick back." I said smiling at her.

She stood up and l looked up at her in question. She reached her hand down and I took it. We stood there looking at each other not saying anything. It was like we were lost in each other and no words were needed.