Heart to Heart...

Aunt Shanique

It is getting closer to the day that Exotic leaves for Paris and I have been in Atlanta since all that bullshit that happened a couple weeks ago. I'm so proud of my baby because she has come a long way. I just pray that through everything she still remains strong. She has been trying to spend time with everybody because in two days she will be leaving. Last night she was with Sharee, Andie, Twan, Issa and Ja. I know that they are going to miss her, but she is fulfilling all of her dreams. Hell I am gonna miss her too, but I know she lives and breaths dance.

I am staying at the Ritz Carlton because I didn't want to stay with Exotic just in case her and Ja decided to be fucking all over the damn place. I can look at my niece and tell she a lil freak and so is Ja. I just rather be on the safe side because ain't nobody got time to hear all that moaning and groaning late at night. I looked at the clock and it was 2 pm. Exotic was on her way here so that we could chill and talk. I know she got a lot on her mind and that's what I am here for.

I walked over to the full length mirror in my room and scanned my body in my strapless, black jumpsuit. I had on some black red bottoms with a matching handbag. Damn I still got it but none of these weak ass niggas can get it. I thought to myself. Just as I applied my red lipstick there was a knock on the door. I already knew that was Exotic. I fluffed my hair out and walked to the door. I opened the door and my niece looked beautiful.

She had on some red skinny jeans with a black and white crop top. Her hair was piled on top of her head in a messy bun with a few tendrils hanging. Lets just say her fly matched my fly.

"Damn Auntie you look good boo."

"Thanks love. You know I try." I popped my imaginary collar and let Exotic in.

"Um Exotic you know I'm gone keep it real with you right?" I said with a smirk on my face.

"Yeah Auntie, I already know. So what do wanna be real with me about?"

"I can tell you getting that good lovin' cause you spreading out baby girl."

"Oh my God! I can't believe you just said that." Exotic busted out laughing.

We walked in the living area and I went to get my handbag while Exotic went to look in the mirror. I walked where she was at and asked if she was ready to go. She nodded and smiled. I happened to look down at her shoes and they were bad as hell. They were the bootie style heel that was peek toe. They had silver studs around the heel and my niece was rocking the hell out of him.

She unlocked the doors to her Challenger and we slid in. It was a beautiful day out and it was hot as hell. I put my Gucci shades on and watched the scenery as Exotic drove. I could tell that something was on her mind because she was quiet.

"Exotic I know something is on your mind, so you might as well tell me whats going on." I said sliding my shades on top of my head. She sighed as she turned into the parking lot of Olive Garden.

Exotic

My aunt was right. There was a lot on my mind, but what was really bothering me was the fact I was leaving for a whole year and the fact that Ja is about to be a father to another woman's baby. That was a lot to take in, but I love Ja and I am trying to deal with this as best as I can. We talked about this last night and he is currently waitng for the DNA results to see if he really is the father.

I turned the car off and took a moment to gather my thoughts. My aunt was always someone I could bare my real feelings to other than my mom. I turned and looked at her. She was looking back at me with concerned eyes.

"Auntie, I am leaving in two days and I really don't know what's gonna happen with Ja and I. I mean with everything that has happened we really haven't had a normal relationship, but somehow we made it work. Then there is the fact that Ja is about to be a father." I knew this was gon' shock her becasue I hadn't talked to her about this. By the way she was looking at me she probably thought I was the one pregnant.

"Listen Exotic, I know you and Ja love each other dearly. I'm not gonna sit here and sugarcoat nothing to make you feel good because that ain't me."

"I know that's why I am talking to you about this. I mean Ja and I have talked but we both are afraid to say what we already know is going to happen." I said looking out the windshield and then back at my aunt.

"In the beginning you guys will work hard to communicate with one another, but because of your demanding  careers and how your schedules are going be things will slowly start to fall off. Now that doesn't mean the love has died, it just means you are busy at what you are doing and you won't have as much time as you once did."

"Exotic the kind of love you guys have for one another some people search their whole life for it. It's gonna be hard with you being so far away and him traveling different cities for year, but it comes with the territory. Something I learned a long time ago is this, if it is truly meant to be no matter how much time, or space you have, you will come back together so much stronger."

I listened to my aunts words and I could actually understand what she was talking about. What she just said was some real shit and I respect her for that.

"Now Exotic about this baby thing, are you pregnant?" She asked with a raised brow.

"No Auntie. Skye is."

"I'm sorry I think I just misunderstood what you said. It sounded like you said Skye was pregnant."

"No you understood correctly. She is pregnant by Ja and I think that was her plan all along."

"Always trim your hedges so you can see over them." My aunt said.

I looked at my aunt like she was crazy because I didn't understand what she was saying.

"What do you mean by that?" I looked at her strangely because I knew it had to have a valuable meaning to it.

"This is what I mean Exotic, if your hedges are too high you won't be able to see the things that people try to hide. Now think about that and let it marinate because everything ain't what it really is or seems."

Damn my aunt just said a mouth full and she got my mind racing a mile a minute with that. I'm damn sure gon' let that shit marinate because that was deep as hell and I know it has a real meaning to it.

We finally got out the car to walking in the restaurant to enjoy our time and I gotta appreciate all her knowledge and wisdom. My aunt is so damn real. I wouldn't trade her for the world. This was the best heart to heart I have had in a long time.

"Auntie I love you."

"I love you to baby girl. Now lets get our eat and drink on....

I was a lil down, but after this real heart to heart I feel my spirits lifting....