HOGSMEADE

The first Hogsmeade visit was scheduled in the end of October. Argus Filch stood by the doorway, suspiciously checking the Hogsmeade forms.

Hogsmeade was a beautiful picturesque village.

"Zonko's first!" said James. Zonko's Joke Shop was, as the name suggested, a comprehensive joke shop. The Marauders bought a carefully planned selection of Dungbombs, Filibuster's Firecrackers, Hiccough Sweets and Frog Spawn Soap.

They came across fourth year Gryffindors Frank Longbottom and his friends

"We're going to Honeydukes. Care to join us?" offered Edgar Bones.

The Marauders accompanied them to Honeydukes and bought and ate so many toffees and chocolates that they were sure they would not be able to eat anything more for two or three days.

Then they came across a shop called 'The Hogwarts Crest.' Banners and posters of all the four houses were hanging in the front.

Sirius went in. The others followed. "What you'd want from here?" asked Peter.

"Look, there are so many imposing things here." And Sirius proceeded to buy anything in red and gold that he could lay his hands on.

"For my room in my house," said Sirius, when the others expressed concern on his sanity.

"There's still more time," said Remus, glancing at his watch. "Want to visit 'The Three Broomsticks?' It's got an awesome drink called Butterbeer."

Miraculously, all of them felt thirsty enough for a Butterbeer, and they went to the shop.

The school came back from Hogsmeade, tired out, but happy and content, and looking forward to the next Hogsmeade visit.