REMUS' BIRTHDAY

On Remus' birthday, 10th March, Gryffindor had their first match of the season vs Ravenclaw. Sirius and James were determined to win the match for Remus.

It was a good competitive match. Ravenclaw had a new Chaser Derry Boot who came close to James in scoring goals. The match was poised 100-90 in Gryffindor's favour. Emily and Ravenclaw Seeker Thorton suddenly streaked towards the Gryffindor goalposts; Emily was leading.

Then Emily abruptly turned her broom by 90 degrees and before Thorton could begin turn, Emily screamed, "YES!" as she rose in the air with the Snitch in her hand.

As the team was celebrating in the air, James and Sirius exchanged a grin and they flew to the stands where Remus and Peter were sitting. Sirius pulled Remus on his broomstick behind him and James pulled Peter on his.

"Do you mean to kill us?" yelled Remus, holding onto Sirius for dear life.

"No, dear Moony! Just wait and watch."

They flew straight into the castle amidst cheers, and made a beeline for the entrance to the kitchen.

So before the house had returned to the tower, the Marauders had managed to set up a brilliant feast in the common room.

"Liked your birthday, Remus?" asked James that night.

"Loved it!"

--------------------

Gryffindor overtook Slytherin by virtue of this win, though Slytherin had already defeated Hufflepuff, but by a lesser margin.

Slytherins sneaked around the castle, hexing as many Gryffindors as they could.

One day, James had gone to visit his owl in the Owlery in early morning. Suddenly he heard a voice cry out, "Levicorpus!"

James was hoisted up by his ankle about fifteen feet above the ground. He saw Snape grinning at him evilly. Avery and Mulciber were standing with him.

"How does it feel to be outnumbered for once, Potter?" asked Snape, sneering.

"Bet you'll think twice about attacking one of us in future, won't you?" shot Avery.

For a minute or two, they kept on insulting him, then, quite suddenly, Snape said, "Liberacorpus."

James fell in a heap to the ground, and saw the three of them were melting away—Frank and Edgar were coming.

"What happened to you?" asked Frank.

"Snivelly," said James grimly, standing up. He walked to the dorm to meet Sirius and Remus.