LILY'S HATRED GROWS

On Sunday morning, James greeted Sirius with, "You've got your detention tonight."

"Big deal," said Sirius. "Where's Remus again?"

"I dunno what's wrong with him. He hardly ever talks to us," said James.

While Sirius was in detention, James and Peter went in search of something to do. They found Lily and Snape hanging out in corridor, deep in conversation. Somehow it always annoyed James to see the two of them together. He glanced at the ceiling and the walls.

"Peter!" he whispered. "Look—there's an armour! Want to see it chase Evans and Snivelly around the school?"

Peter stared at James in admiration. "Can you really do that?"

"I think so," said James wickedly. He took out his wand. "Wingardium Leviosa!" he whispered, and the suite of armour rose into the air.

Lily saw it and exclaimed in horror.

"Locomoter!" cried James.

And the armour darted towards Lily and Snape. Lily screamed and starting running. Snape followed her.

Choking with laughter, James followed, his wand raised, making the armour chase them. Peter followed James, cheering.

Then suddenly they came face to face with Professor McGonagall. She took in the scene in one glance.

James abruptly set the armour fall with a resounding clang. Lily and Snape turned around.

"POTTER!" shrieked Lily. "How dare you! I'll make you sorry!! I'll make you wish you'd never been born! I'll—"

"Miss Evans, please control yourself," said Professor McGonagall. "Potter, Pettigrew, come to my office now."

"I don't know what makes you and your friends behave so childishly. You will serve detention with Filch tomorrow for four hours—and I'll keep increasing the duration if you repeat such behavior," said Professor McGonagall when they reached her office, her nostrils flaring.

Sirius took a gloomy view of this. "This won't do at all. We can't keep having separate detentions."

A/N: Please vote and comment!