THE MARAUDERS DEFEAT THE SLYTHERINS

"What do the Slytherins look so angry today for?" asked James at breakfast one day.

"That's 'cause we booked the Quidditch pitch earlier. They wanted it too. We've got our trials today," said Gideon.

"I am trying for Beater," said Fabian. "It's vacant now; Doris McKinnon passed out last year."

"Doris is my elder sister," Marlene told Lily. "I also want to join the Quidditch team one day!"

"Can't I go for trials too, Gideon?" asked James longingly.

"You know you aren't allowed to have brooms yet, James. Wait for one year. Then you'll get selected for sure."

"Let's go to watch the trials," suggested Remus, and others agreed.

The stands were filled with Gryffindors and Slytherins. The Slytherins had, of course, come to boo and discourage the players.

Dorcas Meadows, fifth year, was their captain. She gave instructions to the new players. Then the team started flying. Fabian was playing as Beater. Gideon was already a Beater in the team. The Marauders along with all the Gryffindors cheered loudly.

A new Chaser of 2nd year, Frank Longbottom dropped a Quaffle. The Slytherins started jeering loudly. Poor Frank lost his nerves and dropped two more catches. The boos of the Slytherins began drowning the Gryffindor cheers.

"Can't we do something?" asked James, annoyed.

"Do you know any useful spell, Remus?" asked Sirius.

"Well...I did read about one yesterday. But I never tried it. It's Silencio, and it's supposed to silence the person you're aiming it at."

"Let's try it, then," said Sirius at once. He and James looked around for a target. Lily and Marlene were talking in the row below theirs.

Both James and Sirius said the spell and aimed it at Lily and Marlene respectively. The next moment, no sound came out from their mouths.

The Marauders snorted with laughter and sneaked towards the Slytherin crowd.

Within two minutes, they had managed to silence almost all the Slytherins, James and Sirius having done the majority of the work and Remus the rest.

The Slytherins were horrified to find their voices gone, as were Lily and Marlene. One of the Slytherins who could still speak fetched Professor Slughorn. He took all of them back to the school building.

"We should reverse their spell," said Sirius, a little guiltily, looking at Marlene and Lily, who did not have any idea about what was going on.

"I forgot the reverse spell," said Remus in despair. "Let's tell them to go to Professor McGonagall."

"What?" cried James. "They'll kill us! Evans will, anyhow."

Fortunately, just then the girls also had the bright idea of going to their House Head.

The Gryffindor players could hardly miss the absence of the Slytherins henceforth.

That evening, the Marauders were celebrities in the Gryffindor common room, as word had spread that they were the ones who had done it. Even Marlene saw the funny side of the incident and congratulated them.

Lily was so furious that she could not speak even though her voice was back.

A/N: Please leave a vote and a comment!