Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Justin was out doing something. Alex and Sira were busy doing school work. The laughter from Sira seemed to calm Alex down just enough so that she did not cry. The pen that Alex was using to grade Sira's recent spelling test was as sharp as the knife Justin used to threaten her life. Sira was laughing as she was watching some funny Italian cartoon about puppies.

Alex's POV:

I was putting the pen down from grading when my back began to spasm.
"Ahhh!" I screamed in intense pain as the pen fell from my hand.

"Mommy? Are you alright?" Sira asks, concerned about my well being. I nod while trying not to cry because I do not want to scare her.

"Just muscle spasms." I say, looking at this beautiful child. Her eyes began to shine. I pulled her into a tight hug; trying to sooth her.

"It's alright babydoll. It's okay. Shhh. Mommy's fine." I rub her back. She lets go of me; smiling a little bit.

"I'm gonna go back to watching Paw Patrol." She says, going towards the couch.
"What's Paw Patrol?" I ask, as I follow her into the living room area. I see five different puppies dressed like different jobs like firemen, policemen and a doctor.

"It's a show with these five puppies. They like to help other puppies with their problems." She says, not taking her eyes off of the screen. I sit down next to her and begin watching this kids show even though it is in Italian.

*Later*

Justin's POV:

I am in the gym punching a bag with heavy gloves. The gym was boxing room was busy with other men and women using the other heavy bags. The collective noise was as loud as fireworks on the 4th of July.

"How are the combos going?" The owner said, who happen to be one of my best friends and my trainer.

"Good." I was struggling to catch my breath. This was harder than I thought it would be.
"How many more combos do I have to do?" I ask.

"Only 3." He answered, going to whatever he was doing before he came over to me. "But make them good ones." He stopped before continuing.

I took a deep breathe and started going at the bag again; punching 10x harder than last time.

*Later*

Alex's POV:

There was a knock at the door when we were on our fifth episode of Paw Patrol. Sira was too invested in the show so I went to go see who it was.

The door creaked as there was a chain lock on the door. There was no one out there. I shut the door, unlocked it, looked down and saw a medium size envelope with a red sticker on the back of it. I turned it over to read the front.
It said nothing.

I closed the door and thought about reading this letter that had no address on it.
"Mommy. Who was that at the door?" Sira asked.

"No one." I answered, not really paying any attention to her.
"What's that in your hand?" She asked, walking over to me.

"A letter but there's no address on it." I said, putting it down on the kitchen table. "We'll read it when Justin gets home." I said, guiding Sira back to the couch to watch television.

*5 hours later*

Alex's POV:

It's been hours and Justin still is not in the room. The letter is still on the table like it should be. If we're being honest, I'm too scared to open the letter by myself. What if it's something from Jason or whoever he has delivery letters for him?

I turn off the television. I tell Sira to go brush her teeth. She runs to the bathroom.  I hear the water running and her electric toothbrush going. Time to open this letter.
I take a knife and rip open the envelope. I take out the sheet of paper, unfold it and take a deep breath.

I begin to read,
"Dear Alex,
I know it's been a couple of months since we last saw each other. I miss you like crazy. I'm still mad that you decided to run away from me even though I was treating you well. I heard from my messengers that you're with my brother and you took Sira with you. That hurts. You don't think I can take care of my own daughter? I'm laughing typing this right now out of sheer annoyance.
Let this be very clear. I will get you and Sira back. I will have Justin dealt with whether you like it or not.
Love,
Jason."

I put the letter down on the table and a tear slides down my face. He cannot take them away from me. I love them both so much.

The door opens and I feel hands around my back.

"Hey, sweetie." Justin gives me sweet neck kisses as I fold up the letter.

"What was that?" He asks, trying to peek over my shoulder.

"Nothing. Let's go to bed." I steer him towards the bedroom. He nods.

A/N: Do you think Justin will find out about the letter?