Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Justin stood there, completely stunned. He had no idea Alex would be so angry. How could he make this up to her? Would that even be an option?

Justin's POV:

She left the room and I couldn't really process what just happened. What did just happen? Hailey waltzed through the door.

"Hey J. How are you?" She asked, taking a seat next to me on the white comforter.

"Did you just hear that?" I asked awkwardly. She nodded. My started filled like buckets under a leaking roof.

"Can I hug you?" She asked, her arms out. The cold air brushed through me. The tears fell freely.

"This has just been a lot." I confess. Her warm hands rubbed my back.

"I know. I know." I wailed into her shoulder.

"You need to make it up to her." She says, making eye contact.

"How?" My voice shakes considerably and my breathing shortens.

"I'll think of something. I'm going to get you a tissue because you're looking like a mess." She leaves for a moment to go to the connected bathroom. She comes back with a piece of toilet paper. I wipe my nose.

"I'm going to take a nap." I say, feeling like I ran a marathon.

"You go do that." Hailey gets up and leaves me. I get into the nice, warm cloud and snuggle in. My eyes begin to feel like heavy weights. My face is as light as a feather. I fade into darkness and dreamland.

*Three Hours Later*

Justin's POV:

I shot up from my slumber very confused. I look at the digital clock on the bedside table. It was 2:15 pm. I fell asleep at 11:00 am. My stomach was doing somersaults. I felt as if I was going to vomit.

"Hey Justin." Alex's voice rings through the room.

"Oh, hi." I say, shooting up from the bed as if I was going to leave.

"Why are you leaving? I want to talk." She says. It stops me in my tracks.

"What did you want to talk about?" My heart was pounding. Did she want to go back to Jason? Did she simply want to pack up and leave me and Sira?

"I want to see my family." She says, the words were still processing in my mind.

"You want to see your family?" I ask for clarification. She nods like a little kid.

"I'm not sure we can do that." I answer her honestly. It could be dangerous. Her face fell.

"I haven't seen them in over three months." Her voice breaks but she attempts to keep it together.

"Um, maybe. We'll see." I say, not bearing to see her cry. She smiles a little.

"Thank you." She says, going in for a hug. I hug her very tightly.

A/N: Do you think Justin will let Alex see her family? Comment if you think that will happen. Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it. Voting helps me know if you liked it.