Chapter 34

Chapter 34

It was 3 am when Alex woke up in sheer panic. She scanned the room for any possible sign of danger. The cool breeze coming from the cracked window made her shiver. She tried covering her body with the strong blanket that the hotel provided.

Alex's POV:

The bed shifted as Justin sat up on his side of the bed. He walked to the bathroom and brought out two glasses of water. I could see the outline of the cup as the stars were over the water.

"Thanks." I mumbled and took a sip of the liquid goodness. The light was covering the right side of his face. It was so quiet that you could've heard a mouse in the room. He brushed the top of my thigh as I took another sip of water. He went back to bed. He pulled me closer and held me tight. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, knowing I was safe at that moment.

*Morning*

Justin's POV:

My eyes opened to an angel sleeping next to me with my arm curled around her. I stared at her thinking what on earth I could've done to deserve this princess.
"What are you staring at?" She said smiling as she swatted my face. I shook my head as I climbed out of bed.

"Don't gooooo!" She whined playfully, reaching out her hands to me. I laughed as I began to make coffee from the poor quality coffee maker in the room.
"You're so cute." I say, drinking the coffee. I choked on it a little.

"That must be terrible coffee." Alex said, getting out of bed herself.

"Good morning!" Sira said, jumping on Alex.

"Oof!" Alex said, throwing her up in the air. She laughed when she landed in her hands.
"We have to do school today." She told her.

"When is the last time you did any school work?" I ask.

"A week ago." She answers, putting the child down and finally raising from the bed. I put the mug down. She and Sira go to the small office table that was available and started school work from whatever curriculum she was able to pack before we escaped my brother.

I went down to the buffet, got a pumpkin loaf and an orange juice for Sira and cereal and coffee with milk for Alex. I was walking to the elevator to go up to my room. I pressed the up arrow button with my elbow. The doors opened, I stepped inside and someone followed me in. He pressed a floor button.

He dropped something on my tray. Before I could tell him that he had dropped something, he was too far away to hear me yelling. The piece of paper was open. It was a note.

We'll get you. You can run but you can't hide.
I threw it away in the nearest trash can.

"Any problems?" Alex asks as she helps me get breakfast out on the table.
"No." I lie. There was no way Jason knew where we were. We were extra careful this time.

A/N: Ohhhh! What do you think will happen next? Any predictions? Don't be a silent reader! Vote!