Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Justin was cracking eggs to make egg and cheese sandwiches for Sira and Alex. The girls were playing a game of Go Fish. The laughter that came from them was music to his ears.

Justin's POV:

I put the sandwiches on the their plates and walked into the area where they were playing.

"Who's winning?" I ask, handing them both their food.

"Me!" Sira exclaimed gleefully, her grin was from ear to ear and wildly waving her hand. I pull her into a hug; she was falling due to the force. Alex threw her cards now, in a false rage.

"What are you doing, Mommy?" She asked, once she noticed the cards on the carpeted floor.

"I'm going to eat." She replies, taking a bite of her tuna fish sandwich that I prepared for her. Sira's stomach growls.

"Hungry?" I asked, laughing as she sheepishly takes her tuna sandwich and begins eating as well. I go back to make a sandwich for me and walk back to eat with my family.

"I love you." Sira says, finishing her food. My heart melts. Alex leans over to me and kisses me on the cheek.

"I love you too." She takes her plate and Sira's back to the kitchen so I can wash the dishes later tonight. I smile at these moments because there's never a guarantee that you'll get to have them again.

"Head Above Water" rings loudly from my black iPhone. It's an unknown number. My finger dances around the dancer button, wondering if I should answer it. The ringing stops before I can make my decision. A voicemail pops up on the screen. I press it; wondering who this person was.

"Hello, Justin. How are the girls doing? Do they like being with you? It doesn't matter anyway. They're both be mine again, sooner than you think. Love you little brother." A voice a lot like Jason, taunted me.

Alex comes rushing to me, grabs my phone and pulls me into the bedroom.
"How does Jason have your phone number?" She harshly whispers into my ear, the breath reaching my ear more quickly than I expected.

"I don't know." I raise my hands so she can see them. She pinches the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Do you know how to change it?" She asks, crossing her arms. I shake my head no. She sighs and holds out her arm. I give her my phone.
"Come over here." She says, holding the phone to my face.
"Go to phone." She presses the "phone" button.
"Press the number." She presses and holds the most recent number. A menu pops up. She clicks the "block caller" button.

"There we go. No more problems." She throws my phone at me. I barely catch it.
"Don't you think we should do something more?" I ask her.

"I wouldn't know what to do." She says, her head is done. I nod; my wheels are spinning.

"I'll figure something out." I say, leaving the room.
A/N: What do you think Justin has planned?