Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Jason stood over Justin with his fist ready to connect with Justin's face again.

"Jason!" Alex stepped over Justin's body and blocked his fist with her forearm before trying to talk him down.

"Jason, you don't wanna do this." At this, Jason's breathing became labored and his face became beet red.

"Alex, move. You're in the way." He attempted to push her out of the way and continue his assault on his brother.

"No." He looked at her.

Alex's POV:

At the sound of the word "no" coming out of my mouth, the world froze for a moment.
"What did you say to me, sweetie?" Jason's voice became sickly sweet.

"N-Nothing." My confidence dropped 1,000%.

"No, no. Say it again, honey. I didn't quite hear you." His fake smile was terrifying. I laugh so loud that it could be heard around the world. He wasn't laughing along with me.

"I said no." I said confidently this time. This time, he bursted into laughter so suddenly.

"No one says no to me and lives to see the day alive, again sweetie." He grabbed my neck and started to choke me. His hands became tighter around my neck.

J-Jason, y-you're choking me." My air was starting to get caught off.

"Promise me that'll never me that'll never say that dreaded word again?" His hands became lighter. I nodded quickly just to get his hands off of my neck. Once his hands were off, I took a huge breath, both of relief and joy.

Justin quickly lead me out of the room.
"Are you okay?" Justin handed me a cup of water.

"Yes, I think so." I took a sip of the glass of water.

"Your neck is bruising." Justin's eyes opened so wide, I thought they would pop out of his head.

"He held me that tight?" I asked him. He nodded but somehow didn't look so surprised. I took another sip of water. My throat felt as dry as a desert but it hurt so much to sallow. The liquid was as painful as swallowing fire over and over again and expecting it to be soothing. Justin noticed my discomfort before saying, "Sorry, you have to drink it all."
  We both laughed before it felt like something was clawing at my throat. The cough was so bad that it scared Sira.

"Alex, what's going on?" She asked before Justin gently coaxed her out of the room.
"Wait..." Her voice went quiet.

A/N: Woah! That was some drama, right? How do you think Jason will react in the next chapter?