Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Jason screamed at the top of his lungs with frustration clear in his voice.
"I'm s-sorry, we lost them sir." One of the gang members said on the phone.
"Get back to the house. NOW!" Jason screamed so loud that the dog next door began barking. He hung up the phone and sighed. Then, he punched a hole in the nearest wall.

Jason's POV:

I looked at the hole in the wall I had just created moments before and began to weep. I was so frustrated about loosing Alex and my brother, Justin's, betrayal.

"You know, Jason, crying won't help anything." Rubbie, a new female gang member said. I turned to face her, immediately angry.

"Don't you dare say my feelings aren't valid!" I yell, tears still running down my face.

"I'm not saying that. I'm saying it won't help anything." Rubbie said.

"I see y-your point." Snot was coming from my nose. She handed me a tissue and I wiped the disgusting snot coming from my nose.

"We'll find them." She opened her arms and I went in for a hug. Her hands slid up my back and rubbed my back. It was so calming in that moment.

"Go take a nap, Jason, I'll handle this." She threw away the tissue. I headed upstairs and collapsed on my bed. My eyes became heavier as reality became less of a concern. I fell asleep within seconds.

*Later*

Jason's POV:

I woke up with my eyes shot wide open in a panic. I looked at my surroundings and only then did I realize that I was still in the same bedroom I was in when I fell asleep. My stomach and head started to hurt really bad within seconds of me waking up. I jumped from my bed and went to find something to calm down my stomach.

"Rubbie! Do we have some stomach medicine?" I yelled in hopes that she heard me.

"In the medicine cabinet, Jason!" She yelled back.

"Thanks!" I took the medicine and laid on the bed again.

"Are youuuu okay?" Rubbie asked, rubbing my back. I began to say yes but I threw up on the floor and almost on Rubbie's feet.

"Okay. I'm going to take a shower, clean up this and check up on you." She said.

"T-Thank y-you." I started to cry because of the pain.

*Later*

Jason's POV:

It was in the middle of the night when I woke up in a sheer panic.
"Are you okay, Jason?" Rubbie mumbled turning towards me in her own bed a few feet away from me. I look down and my shirt is dripping with sweat.

"You're sitting in a pile of sweat." She jumped out of her bed.

"What happened?" I ask, completely confused. She shook her head and pulled off the sheets.

"Change clothes too." She demands as she leaves the room. I quickly change into a different shirt and shorts.

She comes back with different sheets and starts making the bed. Once she's done, I try very hard to fall asleep. I never did that night.

*Later*

Jason's POV:

My eyes were wide open when I smelled the aroma of eggs cooking. I crawl out of bed and look at the mirror that was on the dresser drawer. My eyes were as dead as my soul. The dark circles were a reminder of the baggage I carried. I miss Alex so much. I constantly want her to be in my presence. I want to hold her. I want to cuddle her. I want her to be mine again.

A/N: Now, we have insight of what Jason is feeling. What role do you think Rubbie will play in Jason's life right now? Do you think she will replace Alex? Leave your comments below. Don't be a silent reader! Vote! Vote! Vote!