Chapter 49

Chapter 49

The hotel room was small but enough to house the trio. Sira wanted to explore but Justin didn't want to risk it in case Jason was in the country. They've been in the room for a few days.

Alex's POV:

Sira was begging me to go out to explore the city with her.
"Can we please just go out for ten minutes?" The five year old begs as she does prayer hands along with a pout.

"Sira. I've told you ten times already in the last two minutes. No. End of discussion." Justin said sternly. Sira's eyes filled with tears.

"But I wanna get out of here. It's BORING!" She wails. I never agreed with a child more.
"Justin, can we please just do it?" I beg him as I was tired of her begging and crying.

He took a deep breath before answering, "Oh okay. Twenty minutes. No more. No less. You," He points at me, I hope, jokingly. "Call me when you're coming back. We can't have you know who finding us." He says half-seriously, half-jokingly.

"Yes, sir." I say, nervously laughing. His face is still serious. I grab my bag, grab Sira's hand and head out the door.

*Later*

Alex's POV:

The city was bright. The sun was beating down on us. Everyone around us had umbrellas and sun hats. I put on sunblock today, I think? I get pulled back into the real world when Sira starts pulling on me, saying, "Look at these toys, Mommy. I want a toy. Can I get a toy, please?" She looks at me with puppy dog eyes.

I sigh before saying, "We'll look. I don't have money on me right now but if there's something you really want and you behave, I'll come back and get it." I try to reason with her. She nods and I ask her to repeat what I said. She does, almost word for word. I grab her hand once again and take her into the store.

She gasps and runs towards a teddy bear with big eyes, blue overalls and a tea cup.
"Mommy, this one. Please." She asks, I nod and go over to the cashier. I struggle to communicate what I want but I get the information that I need.

"Okay, it's 34 yen. I'll get you it when I come back here." I grab her hand and calmly walk out of there. I look at my phone. Justin wants us to come home. I tell him we're coming. We start walking and the air starts to get cold. Bells ring, I turn around swiftly but no one's there. I start walking again, more cautiously. A few minutes later, we're back in the room. I ask Justin to get her this bear. I send him a picture on my phone. He goes out the door.

A/N: Hi! What do you think will happen next? Comment below! Press that little ⭐️ if you liked it.