Chapter 48

Chapter 48

It was a warm night and cherry blossoms were all in bloom. The city lights made Sira gasped as cars drove passed. She eagerly looked at Justin and Alex.

Alex's POV:

"Mommy! Can we please go over there?" She eagerly points at a noodle shop across the street, pulling me along with her. I regain my balance and pull her back to me and say,

"Maybe later, when it's daylight." I explain to the child. Her eyes drop and her lips frown. I feel a tantrum coming on.

"But I wanna go innnnnnnn!" She wails as she throws herself on the ground, stomping her tiny fists on the dirty sidewalk.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mumble under my breath as I attempt to pick up the child as she drops all her weight into my arms. Her screams become as loud as police sirens. People continue to stare. I try to calm her down by soothing her hair. People are saying things in Japanese that I don't understand at all but I'm sure it's something mean or judgmental. One man just stops, stares at us and won't move.

"I'm trying my best." I say to the elderly man in English. He looks at me in disgust before moving on with his night.

"Okay. Sira, I need to take a breather. Breath in and out." I imitate what I want her to do. She copies me, her tears lessening and Justin walks up to me,

"What happened?" As he took a bite of his ice cream? I think that is what it is.
"What is that?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders. I grumble as I had no help from him.

"Let's just go to our hotel room." I say, already emotionally done for the day.
"Okay." He said, throwing his trash into a nearby trash can.

A/N: They have landed in Japan! More exciting things coming. Don't forget to vote and comment. Let me know what exciting things you want them to do.