Chapter 33

Chapter 33

The little family was moving to their new location sooner than they expected. The car was quiet. No one was saying a word, not even Sira; who was usually very talkative during car rides.
The bright sun was beating down on the car.

Justin's POV:

I reached over to the drink holders to grab my sunglasses. The rear view mirror showed Sira had fallen fast asleep despite what her life had become within the the last couple weeks.

"How are we going to adopt Sira?" Alex asks.

"I have a friend that we can call that will get us the proper paperwork." I say, focusing on the road.

"What about your past?" She asks, the worry clear in her voice.

"I have nothing on my record." I say truthfully. We were pulling up to a gas station. The convince store had a burger joint on the side.

"Is she awake?" I ask Alex, referring to Sira. We both look behind us. Her eyes began to slowly open.

"Where are we?" She asks, sleepily. It takes a while for her body to sit up.

"We're at a gas station. Are you hungry?" Alex asks her. She shakes her head, no.

"I'll get her something in case she asks for something later." Alex gets out of the car and runs towards the shop. She comes back with some Oreo cookies and apple slices.

"Apple slices?" I ask, smiling.

"Gonna eat healthy." She says, putting both of them in the drink holders.

"We will still have to figure out about adopting her." I said, bringing the engine to life.

"I know. Don't you have a judge friend?" She asks. I nod and begin driving along to the next location that I had reserved when the fire broke out.

*Later*

Alex's POV:

I woke up by being shaken and loud screaming.
"Mommy! Wake up!" A loud voice screaming. I opened my eyes to Sira in my face. Her smile was enormous.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask, unbuckling myself.

"The hotel is so pretty!" She began pulling me to the hotel.
"Sira! Stop pulling me!" I try to disguise a laugh as we get to the front door. She struggles to open the door as she uses all the strength her little body can muster. I help her out. She walks in smiling.

This hotel looked gorgeous. The chandelier was dangling from the ceiling with the sun bouncing off of it. The sun gave the lobby the light it needed for it to have a roomy feel to it. The sunflowers in the middle of the room were bright yellow.

"How did you get this?" I ask Justin. He chuckles as he wheels our suitcases to the check-in desk.
"I have my ways." He turns to the desk and tells the woman what we want.

"Let's go. Room 203." I take Sira's hand and lead her to the evaluator. The machine takes us to floor three.

The room was simple. A master bed in the middle of the room, a pull out bed to the right and a bathroom.

"I'm tired." Sira said before jumping onto the pull out bed and falling asleep. Justin and I did the same.

A/N: A new place. What do you think will become of this? Don't be a silent reader! Vote! Comment!