126

my life is falling apart i love that for me🤩

Daniel Seavey

The next morning Valencia had already taken a shower and at the moment, laid in bed feeding our son. "Have you called your parents yet?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I'll call them now, right?" I said and grabbed my phone from the nightstand from the charger. I walked out of the room into the hallway and called my dad, who answered right away.

"Hey, son! Haven't talked to you in a while!" He said. I smiled at his enthusiasm.

"I, uh, got caught up in some stuff, but uh I got something to tell you, is mom there?" I asked nervously.

"Yes."

"Who else is there?" I asked.

"Just your mom, Anna and I," He said, a bit confused.

"Put on me on speaker," I said and waited a little while. "I hope you're all sitting down, but, yesterday Valencia gave birth to our son," I smiled. I could feel my cheeks heat up. The happiness our family already gave me was everything I could ever ask for.

"That is amazing to hear!" I heard my mom say.
"Congrats you guys!" Anna said.

"We would love it if you guys came to visit, she's in Good Samaritan," I said. They agreed and said they were on their way.

Then, I knew it was my turn to call Tyler and Christian. I brought them the news and they too said they'd stop by before noon.

Before I could go back into the room, I heard Eben's voice from the other side of the hallway. "Hey, new Dad!" He said and hugged me. I quickly hugged him back.

"The boys drop you off?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, it's just me and Corbyn," He said and pointed behind him where Corbyn just walked around the corner. "The boys said they'd drop by when you guys got home." I hummed listening to him.

"Let me just check," I said and opened the door a little so I could just stick my head through the hole. "Can they come in?" I asked. She nodded excitedly. By now, he had drunk enough.

I opened the door fully and let Eben and Corbyn in. "Hi Matt, it's your uncle Eben," Eben greeted him happily waving at him. "He's so adorable, guys," He continued. I looked at Val, who was already looking at me. He really was beautiful.
"Dan, he has your eyes, they almost glow in the dark," He commented. I chuckled.

"And he has Val's nose, and her smile," I added smiling.

"Maybe he'll get a cute little tooth gap later," Valencia said.

"Maybe he'll be able to play the cello before he's 6, with the number of instruments you'll teach him," Corbyn laughed at me.

"He might know grade 10 science by the time he's actually 10 himself if you're gonna make him a Corbyn 2.0," I joked back.

"True," He shrugged and laughed.

Corbyn took over Matt from Eben. He looked very happy. I looked at Val, who nodded: we made a good decision naming him after Corbyn.

Minutes flew by when I heard a knock on the door. By now, Eben was getting coffee and some snacks from the vending machine down the hall. I opened the door and saw my parents, anna and Christian stand there. I hugged them all as they walked in. Val greeted them all happily.

"He's so beautiful," My mom immediately said when she looked over Corbyn's shoulder who held him against his chest. "Can you tell us the name now?" Anna joked and placed her hand on my back. "Matthew, Jeffrey, Seavey," Val said slowly, emphasizing 'Jeffrey'.

"Jeffrey, from Jeff and Keri," I added. My mom's jaw dropped as she wrapped her arms around Val's neck, and then mine. My dad just rested his arm on my shoulder, smiling at his newborn grandson.

"Matthew, I love that," Anna added. Corbyn carefully handed Matt over to Keri.

"Thanks," He joked. Anna looked up.

"What?" She asked confused.

"It's my middle name," He answered as they started a conversation.
I smiled at the sight of my mom holding Matt. I walked over to Val and kissed her forehead. I sat down on the bed next to her and squeezed her hand lightly. She moved over and threw her blanket over me.

"I love you," I mumbled.  "How are you feeling?"

She shrugged. "Good, but I think that's just the painkillers," She said. I nodded, intertwining our fingers as she smiled.

"You guys made such a wonderful new life," Keri awed at Matt as my dad held his little hand.

"Anna, you're an aunt now," Val commented.

She nodded. "It's really weird, but it's so fun, I'm really excited," She claimed.

"You're gonna be a great aunt, sis," I smiled at Anna.

"And you're gonna be a great dad, Dan," She said. I blushed and looked at Val shortly again, who nodded at me smiling. I hid my face in her neck. "We're a great little family," She said and moved her hand through my hair slowly, brushing it back with her nails softly and carefully. I closed my eyes for a second and smiled against her skin. "Take a nap, baby," She mumbled. "You haven't slept much lately," she added. I shrugged lightly but kept my eyes closed, suddenly feeling very tired.  A little later I heard her voice somewhere in the back of my mind before I drifted off.
"Goodnight baby."

-

hi this is lame

but i just wanted some soft moments for now ((((: