06

Valencia Auguste

Fiddling with the ring Daniel gave me, I step outside on the balcony and look at the Eiffel Tower. I hear my phone ring and turn around to look at the screen.

Daniel Seavey is calling..

I answer the facetime call and lay my phone down.
"Baby" He just says. I keep quiet.

"Valencia, please answer me" He whines. His face expression is worried. I hide my face in my hands and silently start crying.

"Babygirl, don't cry" He whispers.

"I can't do this anymore, Daniel" I silently state rubbing the tears away with the sleeve of my sweater.

"What?" His voice sounds broken.

"This, everything, us, life."

"No, don't say that" He quickly says.

"Daniel" I try.

"No baby, please don't do this" A tear slips down his cheek. "I think we both, can't do this anymore. We can't go on like this." I cry.

"But I want you to have my last name. I want you to walk down the aisle, as beautiful as ever and promise me you will stay with me through ups and downs. Through sickness and health, wealth and poverty. I want to wake up next to you for the rest of my life." He whispers.

"Daniel," I start.

"I literally can not think of anything else when you're not here, but lately you think of me and go off with someone else. How do you think that feels?"  I finish out of breath from crying.

"But don't you understand, Val? I can not live without you. When you're not here the pain is unbearable. I miss you every single second. I can not function without you, so I make myself think other people are you. I can't sleep at night knowing you're about to wake up on the other side of the globe. I would do literally anything just to have you here. I love you like I love god. I trust you blindly. You are my savior, Valencia."