121

Corbyn Besson

"And?" Everyone asked when I hung up.

"They're at the hospital," I explained but before I could continue, Zach interrupted me.

"They?" He asked.

"Valencia's getting into labour," I said looking at him.

"That's great news!" Jonah said. I frowned.

"But, it's because the baby needs to get out as soon as possible, there's something wrong, but they said they're fine."

"We have to get to the hospital," Zach said and grabbed his jacket off the coat rack. "Zach, we have nothing to do there yet, you can't get into the room unless you're family, you know that right?" Jonah frowned.

Zach sighed. "I know, but we just have to be there for her, them I mean."

I looked at Jonah, who nodded slowly. "Okay fine, but you're not driving," I said and reached out my hand for the car keys which Zach already took. He groaned but nodded.

"Whatever."

We walked downstairs to the carpark and Zach sat down in the passenger's seat. I started the car and Zach sighed deeply at the speed. "Can you go at least a little faster?" He sighed.

I ignored him and kept driving the same speed. "Hey Jo," I said. Jonah looked up from his phone.

"Yes?"

"What do you want from McDonald's?"

"Why are we gonna get McDonald's? Val's in the hospital! We have to get there now!" Zach exclaimed.

"It can take hours before that baby's here, and we're bringing food so you can stay there and don't have to get out later, that's why," I rolled my eyes.

As I drove into the drive-through lane, I waited patiently until we could place our order. "6 times 20 chicken nuggets, please," I said. "I'm not hungry," Zach mumbled. I shrugged, knowing he would be sooner or later since he hadn't eaten anything after Daniel left, which was over an hour ago.

"Make it quick please," Zach said grumpily to the woman. "Top ten things Valencia said on her wedding night," Jonah joked and then high-fived Jack laughing.

"Don't mind them, I sighed when I handed the woman two twenty dollar bills. "Keep the change."

Zach sighed when I put all the food on his lap. "We'll be there soon enough," I said to him to which he mocked me.

"Top ten things Daniel said on his wedding night," Jack now joked.

"You guys are mean," I chuckled. "It's funny!" Jack yelled.

"I guess that's kinda funny," I shrugged.

"Are we almost there yet?" Zach sighed. I nodded and sped up a little. He mouthed a 'thank you' and I nodded.

"Guys, wanna make a bet?" I suddenly said. Everyone looked up.

"What'ya got Besson?" Jack asked interested.

"I bet the child will be named after someone in Daniel's family," I said.

"First name?" Jonah asked.

I nodded. "Well, actually I bet it'll be named after someone in Valencia's family," Jack now said. Jonah thought about it for a second.

"I think it'll be named after one of us, actually,"  He eventually stated.

"Jonah Seavey," Jack chuckled.

"What about you, Zach?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Aw, come on! We're all in this bet." (cue we're all in this together from hsm)

"Okay, well, I think they'll just randomly pick a name," He shrugged.

"20 bucks?" Jonah asked. We all nodded. "Deal," Jack agreed as I drove up the parking lot of the hospital.

"We'll park close," I said and parked next to the first parking spot. "You'll get a ticket," Jonah said but I shrugged and winked at Zach, who smiled thankfully. I knew he was worried, and I knew he meant well. He just wanted to be there for her, even though he deep down knew he could never take the position Daniel had, he just wanted to be as close as possible.

Even though I did feel bad for Zach, I knew Valencia would go back to Daniel, I hoped so, for the last time. I know he had hurt her before, but I did believe Daniel realised what he had done, not only to her but also to their baby.

I took the bag food from Zach and got out of the car. The boys followed as we all walked into the building together, looking for the right floor. We got into the elevator and soon enough found the right wing and walked up to a desk. I handed the bag to Jack and walked up to the secretary behind the desk.

"Can I help you?" She asked bored.

"I'm looking for Mrs Seavey," I asked.

"Sorry, unless you're family or Mr Seavey, no can't do," She shrugged. "We're her best friends, please?" She shook her head. I walked back disappointed. Jonah playfully hit my shoulder. "Let me," He said and walked up to the lady. A little later he nodded our way.

"Room 130, but you can't go in there, yet," The nurse said and pointed at the room down the hall.

"Thank you, so much," Jonah said and made a little hand movement, telling us to follow him, we sat down across the room as we all looked at Jonah.

"How did you do that?" Zach asked.

Jonah shrugged. "I'm just charming," He winked. I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Did you pay her?" Jack joked. Jonah slapped him playfully.

Then the door opened. Daniel got out. "Hey!" He chuckled awkwardly. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"We're here to support you, both," I said and stood up to hug him.

He hugged me back tightly. "I'm scared, Corbyn," He mumbled.

"Hey, it'll be alright, Dan," said. He nodded.

He fistbumped the other boys. Zach sat down. Daniel sighed softly, finding courage to say what he was about to say;

"Zach, do you wanna, talk to her for a bit? I'm supposed to get coffee anyway?"

-

YEEEEET