77

i cant believe something different is almost at 100k!

Valencia Auguste

"I'm sorry for what happened with Daniel and stuff I didn't mean to get you involved or anythi-,"

"Hey!" He interrupted me. "Don't say that, it's not your fault Daniel started the fight, plus, it was my own decision to step in," He continued.

We now were in my car, driving wherever, just to get away from the party.
"I'm sorry I ruined your birthday party," I said.

"You didn't, don't worry about it," He said as we turned off of the main road.
"Are you hungry?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"A bit," I admitted.  He laughed.

"Good," He said as he took the turn for the McDrive.
We ordered the food and within a minute we received our order. "Hold this," He said as he handed me the McDonalds bag. He hit the pedal and sped off to the nearest empty parking spot

"Do you even have a license?" I asked jokingly.

"Stooop" He pouted as he stopped the car. I handed him his food.
"Never thought I would spend the countdown of my 18th birthday at a McDonalds parking lot ," He started laughing.

"I'm sorry," I felt bad for him.

"I didn't say I hated it," He sasses. "I'm
not much of a fan of parties like those anyway," He said.
"Actually," He mumbled as he stuffed a chicken nugget in his mouth, which made me laugh. "This is better than I could've imagined."

I playfully hit him. "Stop," I chuckled.

"I'm not even kidding," He said. "McDonalds and an amazing girl next to me, what more could I ask for?" He said.

My cheeks flushed red. "You're so cheesy, Herron," I said taking a sip from my Sprite.

"Only two minutes left and I'll be 18, I'll be an adult," He said, sounding quite excited.

"You're still like a baby," I teased.

"You're like two years older stop pressing me," He fake pouted.

"I can legally drink in September," I stuck out my tongue at him. I looked at the digital clock on the radio, the last minute had started. I opened my phone and looked at the second countdown.
I turned to Zach, he was staring at the clock.
I looked back at my phone. In my head In counted down with the clock.
Five, four, three, two... one.
"Happy Birthday!" I turned to Zach and gave him a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder, I could tell he was smiling.

"Thanks, Val," He just said . After a while we pulled back, slowly. I stopped moving backwards when I got distracted by his smile. Lost in a gaze, I stared at his face. The moonlight shined through the window of the Range and lit up the left side of his face. He got distracted too. His hand that rested on my shoulder moved up to the side of my face and cupped my cheek.
"Do you mind if I..?" He mumbled.

"Not at all," I whispered as his lips touched mine, them moving in sync as I let one hand rest on his chest, my other hand still held my drink.

We both pulled back, out of breath. "Wow," He mumbled taken away. I giggled and took another sil from my drink.
"This might just be the best birthday ever," He said.

"We're having fast food at 12am in the parking lot, you don't really have high standards," I laughed.

"I do, kind of at least," He shrugged.

I frowned. "You're here, Val! Why are you even surprised, you know how I feel about you," He said, not even caring anymore to feel awkward.

"I mean, I kind of do, but, I don't know," I admitted, I wasn't sure how he felt, neither was I about what I felt.

I grabbed my food and started eating as Zach started talking. "I like you, Val, I've liked you for a long time. Everytime Daniel hurt you, I hoped you would leave him because you deserved so much better and I always wanted to be the one that gave you that," He took a deep breath. "And when we kissed for the first time, on the rooftop, I knew what I felt wouldn't just leave, and I wanted you even more, it almost broke my heart when Daniel said the two of you talked because I got scared you would get hurt again, and now it turns out, he messed it up again."
He sighed. "I just wish you would see that too, and I don't care how long I have to wait for you, as long as you will be mine one day."

By this time, tears were running down my face. "That is the cutest shit I've ever heard," I smiled through my tears.

"Zach," I turn my head towards him. He reached out to wipe away my tears. His thumb slowly moved over my cheeks. He nodded. "I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't like you," I softly said. His eyes met mine, his lips curled up in the smallest smile.
"Really?" He whispered. I mouthed a small 'yes'.

I looked down at myself.
"I'm crying while eating McDonalds, wow, I'm a mess," I chuckled.

"A hot mess," He smirked.

My jaw dropped. "Saw the opportunity," I laughed.

"And took it," He finished my sentence chuckling. "I just wanna add on to what I said earlier that I will always be here if you need any help, whether you're hungry at 12am or if you just need me to tell you how amazing you are, any day, any time, always."

I smirked. I kissed him again, a short kiss from which I pulled back quite quickly. I couldn't stop smiling as I said;

"Thank you, Zach."

-

i love zalencia so much