66

Valencia Auguste

"I'm the newest member of the broken hearts club, we hate every little thing about the people that we loved" I hum while finishing the last stroke of painting of this wall.

I sighed exhausted and put the paintbrush back into the can of pastelyellow paint.

"Hello?" I heard a familiar voice and walked towards the hallway where I saw four of the why don't be boys.

"Hey guys!" I said and leaned in to give them a hug.

"You got some paint on here" Zach chuckled and stroke his thumb along my cheek, showing me the yellow substance. I laughed and wiped the back of my hand along my cheek to rub it away but Zach stopped me. "You're only spreading it out, here let me help" He chuckled and grabbed a cloth and gently wiped it over my cheek.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"So what are you guys doing here?"  I asked when Zach finished. I put a stroke of hair behind my ear and went to grab drinks for them. "Is a coke okay?" I asked, more yelling than really asking.

"Sure" Corbyn said and sat down at the breakfast bar.

"We actually came to look at the new apartment, and help you out with painting a bit,"  Jonah said and I smiled thankfully at him.

"That's really nice of you guys," I said and handed the boys all a can of coca cola.

"I'm sorry that Dan walked out on you again," Jack eventually said.

"It's fine, I guess, he'll come back right?" I said, biting the corner of my lil anxiously.

"Maybe you should reconsider everything, I mean he walked out on you AGAIN" Zach said. Jonah immediately looked at him,  a bit confused.

"He'll come back, Val. He loves you." He said through his teeth, still glaring at Zach.

"Anyway, how's the baby?" Jack asked enthusiastically.

"He or she is great, next week or the week after I'll be able to see the sex of the kid," I smiled proudly, looking down at my belly, which was now slowly growing a bit.

"Oooh, can we come?" Zach asked. "Yeah, I think you guys can," I said after thinking about it for a few seconds.

"I can't wait,"  Jack said.

"Well now," Corbyn stood up. "Let's paint!" He said and followed me towards the bedroom where our child will sleep.

"Okay, so this needs to become a rainbow,"  I said and pointed at a curve on the wall that had been drawn out by me, the only thing that had to be painted still were the actual colours of the rainbow, without crossing the lines.

"Can I do that?" Jack asked and I nodded chuckling at the speed of his reaction.

I handed him a brush and a basket filled with paintcans containing the colours of the rainbow. Next, I handed Corbyn the can with orange paint and let him paint the drawer for on the baby's room.

"Okay, so I need someone to paint the wall in the bathroom and then the other one can help me paint the guest bedroom?" I suggested. Before Jonah could say anything Zach offered to help me and he followed me into the room.

"You're painting the guest room beige?" He chuckled. I stuck my tongue out to him. "Beige is a great colour," I stated laughing and dipped the brush into the sand-coloured paint.

After a while I already finished two of the walls and Zach hadn't even finished his first one. "You're slow, Herron" I teased.

He looked behind him and then glared at me. "Faster isn't always better," he joked back.

"But in this case, you're slow.. and bad" I laughed pointing at a spot he forgot on the other side of the wall.

"Stop bullying me" He fake pouted. I hit his shoulder playfully with my hand, but some of the paint splatters of the brush got on his face. His jaw dropped.

I started laughing and couldn't stop when I saw his reaction. "There's beige paint.."  He started, "...on my face"  he finished and put down his brush to only start tickling me as payback.

I heard a door open but didn't mind it and when Zach stopped tickling me, I turned back towards him.

"Here, I'll get it off" I chuckled and removed the paint of his nose with a cloth. Suddenly I looked up after hearing a voice I hadn't heard in over a week now.  I turned towards the door, where he stood, his face that already looked not very pleased, and his voice didn't either, when he said;

"Hey, I'm back."

oMg whO cOuLd iT bE