81

guys for all of you who are commenting if she'll eventually end up with daniel because it is still a daniel fanfic, i haven't forgotten that it is 😂

it's a story and you'll just have to see where it goes, because otherwise, what's the fun of it? I know daniel hasn't been in the last 3/4 chapters but I promise he'll come back, and about the storyline, I'm not even sure yet what will happen so I guess you'll just have to wait until I finish tbe book to see who's endgame😂

but what im trying to say is will you stop commenting that daniel should come back? im working on it and its kinda frustrating.

anyway

here we go yeet

-

Valencia Auguste

And after breakfast, off we went. Zach drove, after he whined like a baby, he hated being in the passenger seat. We sang along, or more like shouted along, to some throwback songs as we were an hour into the trip. The sun hit my face and I yawned slowly, I closed my eyes for a few seconds and Zach turned down the radio. I opened my eyes again, "Aren't you going to sleep?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I'm not planning on it."

"Okay, good."

I frowned. "Why?"

"I like your company more when your awake," He said while taking a turn, looking in the rearmirror to check on the cars behind him.

There was an awkward silence. I took a deep breath. "Zach?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"What," I doubted if I actually should ask it. He frowned. "What are we?" I bit my nail.

He snickered softly, his hands slided across the steering wheel with so much control before he looked me slowly, "Val, literally whatever you want us to be, I told you how I feel," He easily replied, "but I would never force anything upon you that you don't want."

I sighed unsure. "Thanks, Zach, it's just," I started, "I don't wanna lead you on or make you feel uncomfortable just because I'm confused."

He put his hand on one of my upperlegs, "Hey, don't worry too much about that, okay?" He asked calmly. I nodded. "Good."

-

It was a couple of hours later and at this time, we were almost in San Francisco. I took over the driving not too long ago and Zach was annoying me with kids music given as he now had the AUX chord.

"Come on! Frozen was a great movie!" He yelled offended as I started laughing when he put on 'Love is an Open Door'.

"For kids!" I crowed as I slowed down. We were getting closer to the city which meant more traffic.

"Well I think it's great," He just chuckled stubbornly.

"That's because you are a kid," I teased him. Then we got interrupted, my phone rang. I grabbed it and saw Daniel was calling.

I rolled my eyes but I decided to pick up anyway. "Hey," It softly sounded from the other side of the line. I held the phone against my ear with one hand while my other hand gripped onto the wheel.

"Hello?" I questioned, not sure why he would even call.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm on my way to San Francisco, why?"

"Alone?" His voice sounded shaky.

"No, why?" I asked again.

"Just because.." He sounded disappointed. I frowned. "I just wanted to talk to you," He said. I could hear Zach sigh softly.

"Well, what do you wanna talk about then? Or are you just going to yell at me again?"

"No, no! No, I won't, I guess I'll just wait until you're back in LA, tell Zach I wanna talk to him too," He quickly said before he hung up. I sighed.

"He wants to talk to you," I said as I put my phone back down. Zach scoffed.

"I bet he does."

I shrugged and continued driving, it was getting darker as golden hour had just started as we drove into the centre of the city. The heart of San Fran was absolutely gorgeous as the colourful buildings and the crowds of people all blended into one.
"Francisco is so pretty," I awed as I drove through the streets. I'd been there before regarding shoots, but never had I actually drove through the city itself, where I had the time to check out all the buildings. Zach nodded and agreed.

"Almost as pretty as you," He smirked.
I jokingly hit him. He just shrugged. "Had to do it to 'em."

-

lmao this is lame but daniel is kinda back?