Only Hope Chapter 22

Brooke's Pov:

"I am sorry about that," Harry apologized. "It's alright," Jack said. "No biggie." "So. . . how about we play some laser tag?" Zayn suggested. "Only if Jack and I are on a team," I said, giggling to myself at Louis' envious stare. "Then Dylynn and I will be on a team," Louis said. "That will leave Zayn and I on a team. And Harry and Liam on a team. Isn't that right Zayn?" Niall nervously chuckled as he looked at his best mate. Zayn nodded.

"Let's get set up," Dylynn said. Each of them stood out of the booth and next to Harry and me. We made our way to the counter around the corner for a gentleman to assist us to a private match. "You know I hate him," a voice, that I've grown to hate, whispered in my ear. A mischief smile formed on my lips as I stopped walking and turned to face Louis, leaving the others to get us set up. He held an emotionless expression. "What is there to hate?" I asked," he is smart, funny, kind-hearted, and he swooned me over."

"You can't date him," he stated, ignoring my previous words. "Who said I ever was?" "I know you will. You will not hesitant to say yes if he ever did. You can't date him. I will not allow it." "You're sounding a lot like Harry right now except you're not my brother neither a protective one," I said. "I know I am not," he said, narrowing his eyes. "Then stop acting like it!" I exclaimed in a hush.

"I don't want you dating him," he spat. "I don't want you dating Dylynn. Yet, I'm not telling you otherwise," I said. "You did before." "But I stopped." "They are two different people," he said. "You're right about one thing," I said. "Dylynn is a monster compared to Jack."

"Don't call her that," he snarled, walking closer to me. "If anything you're the monster who wants to ruin my relationship." I pressed my hand against his chest, to stop him from coming any closer, and closed my eyes, tightly. I felt him tense underneath my gentle touch. "It doesn't have to be like this," I whispered. I looked up in his crystal blue eyes which bore into mine with hate and sadness.

"You caused this upon us. You finished us. This happened because of you. I've moved on and it looks like you did too," he said, he spoke with a strained voice. I looked away from his mesmerizing eyes, I could look in them for hours but it caused me pain to look in them to see the hate he has for me. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "I'm sorry for everything that has and will come." I pulled my hand away and I left him.

I went to go find my brother who was chasing Liam around with his laser gun (the game hasn't started, yet). The others had spread out and talked amongst each other or were to occupied with their phones (Dylynn). "Hey," I said to the group. They stopped doing what they were doing and turned their attention on me. "Brooke! Are you ready? Where's Louis?" Jack questions, eating a bag of frozen grapes. I shrugged and walked towards him. "There is a favor I need," I whispered quietly for him to only hear. He looks at me quizzically as he continued to eat the grapes. "Eh. . . Depends," he said, skeptically.

"If you do this one favor for me then I will owe you back," I pleaded, "anything." "I'm not sure. . . Does it involve Louis?" I nodded as he popped a grape in his mouth. He gestured me one but I shook my head. "It already seems like a vile favor," he said. "Does Harry know?" I nodded. "Is he okay with this?" I hummed and nodded in response. "All you have to do is follow my lead," I explained. He was hesitant but he reluctantly agreed.

I smiled and pulled him in a kiss, right when Louis walked in the group, just as I planned it. Jack was surprised but had seemed to caught on and kissed me back. His lips were cold and had a faint taste of grapes that he previously had ate. His lips moved slowly with mine. And his arms wrapped low around my hips, hanging dangerously close to my bottom. He was a great -amazing- kisser to my surprise and the look on Louis' face made this even better! The kiss was a bonus, but I felt nothing. There was no sparks that I received when I would kiss Louis and this kiss only made me miss Louis even more. I would choose Louis' kiss over anything any day.

Jack's kisses were slow but aggressive. Louis' were passionate and filled with his love. I wanted Louis back, yet I wanted to play a little game to see if any feelings were still there in him and they weren't completely gone. I was hoping that his feelings haven't left for me to Dylynn. So, seeing anger and envy flash in his eyes gave me hope, but that could change at any time.

Jack pulled back and looked in my eyes. We were both (and so was everyone else) speechless at what had happened. "Wow," I breathed. "Not bad Jack." "Not so bad yourself," he said, smirking. "How about you quit sucking each other's faces off and let's play," Louis spat. He shoved a gun towards Jack's chest before parting ways. Harry walked up to me and handed me a gun and a vest. "It's best to keep my mouth shut because I don't know how I feel about this kiss," he muttered before walking away, earning a giggle from me and a snort from Jack.

"Let's go," I said, following after Harry. Jack and I walked past a rope that was clipped closed by an employee after we walked through and into a waiting area where the eight of us would wait. The small room had a tv screen wired into the wall with our names on it. The room had more black lights then outside and a door that was to our right for the maze inside. With a lecture about instructions and walking through the big metallic door, the game had begun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hurry! Get him out of here," I ordered. Harry carried Jack out of the laser tag building and to the van. Liam and Zayn pulled the back doors open and pushed the back seats down for Jack to lie down. Jack was holding his bleeding nose that was messy and bloody as Harry lain him down. Louis stood off to the side with an accomplished smirk that I wanted to smack off. This was because of him. If it wasn't for him, then we would still he inside playing laser tag.

"You're a real jerk, you know that?" I pointed a finger at him which wiped the smirk off instead of my fist. The others were too busy dealing with Jack to give us the time of day. I pulled Louis aside, away from the group- Harry, Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Dylynn- that surrounded around Jack. We stood a great forty feet away from them.

"Did you have to break the poor guy's nose?" I asked. "We don't know if it's broken or not," Louis said. I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure the amount of blood means it's not broken or anything," I sarcastically said. "He deserved it!" he exclaimed. "For giving me a kiss?!" He stayed silent. "You're so unbelievable," I muttered, turning around. He grabbed my upper-arm and spun me around.

"We aren't done talking," he said. "I think we are," I said. I pulled out of his hold but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back to his chest. I can hear the loud thumping of his heart. I didn't know if it was from me or the chaos happening with Jack. "Quit walking away from our fights," he said. I pushed him away in anger and said, "I don't walk away all the time. You walked out plenty of times before." "But it's all you!" "Not always." "You walked out of my life for a year! You walked away from me in Sydney from our little fight! You're walking away now!" "I have my reasons."

His emotions took a huge turn. He went from calm to angry in a split second. He narrowed his eyes and scoffed in disbelief at me. His expression had harden as his eyes were on me. "Enlighten me with those non-existing reasons," he snarled.

"Will you quit it, Louis! You do not know or will ever know what those reasons are if you keep up with this attitude you have. The way you treat me, sometimes, is hurtful. I can't believe I even wasted my energy on making you jealous, just so I will be able to read your feelings! The results are an injured nose and heart." "Wait. . . Wait. . ." he muttered as if he didn't believe me.

"So, all of this was to get me jealous? Just so you can see my emotions!" he roared with anger. I stayed silent. I didn't want to deal with his wrath. "That must be the most stupidest thing you have ever done. I feel nothing towards you anymore. I have moved on and so should you. . . And to think that I would get jealous makes it even more foolish. If anything, I feel ashamed. I should have known! This sucks. . ."

"You know what sucks? " I whispered, close to tears. "Watching the person that makes you happy be happy with someone else." His face fell as he processed my words in his head. It seemed like something snapped inside of him. I didn't let him say another word because before he could, I walked away.

A/n: Hello everyone! I am very very sorry for the twenty day delay. I feel awful. I have been so so busy with school. It's been a hassle and it has been hard for me to update. So many tests and essays due every Friday. Please be patient. I have warned everyone but I will try to update when I can :) let me know what you all think about the chapter!! I hope you all liked it.