Chapter Fifty Two: Goddess of light

Slouching, I spin on the ball of my feet and head back inside, "not anymore you old geezer."

"Good," placing a hand on my shoulder, he gives it a firm grip, making sure I understood I couldn't leave. Walking back inside the building, we open the door back up to see Kotetsu and Izumo sitting on the couch looking at the piece of clothing I gave them. The doors creaking sound catching their attention, they stand up an bow swiftly to the old geezer. "Where's Anko at?" Releasing his grip from my shoulder, he shuts the door behind us, before fully walking in.

Kotetsu glancing at me, his eyes settle back on the old geezer, "she's in the back room. She's in a lot of pain because of that curse mark. Before (Y/n) tried to leave, she told us to have you seal it." Lord Third glancing back at me, he nods in approval, "also.. (Y/n), herself, has a curse mark on her sir."

My heart skipping a beat, the old man completely turns to look at me, "when did you get this?"

Looking down, at the tiled floor, I look back into his eyes, "the curse mark was given to me a day ago. I've been asleep in pain, I woke at day break."

"So that means someone must have seen you, is that right Captain (Y/n)?" Lord Hokage asked rhetorically. Nodding slowly, I close my eyes as the memories flooded in my mind.

"Sakura and Sasuke, saw me when Orochimaru cracked my mask off my face. When I was given the curse mark however, Sakura was the one who looked after me. When I woke, I came to the realization that I wasn't the only one to have a curse mark," staring directly in his eyes, I feel myself let out a breathe. "Sasuke Uchiha, also received one after I was knocked down sir. I am truly sorry. I tried to protect him to the best of my efforts, but in the end I couldn't protect him, please, believe me." Bending my back, I bow down to the old man sorrowfully, as I let my hair act as a curtain, hiding me.

"Stand straight, (Y/n). No one is blaming you for what happened." Doing as told, I look to see a fatherly look in his eyes, "you did the best, to protect the king." My eyes shutting a little, I remember the talk me, Asuma, and him had.

"Yes.. I guess you are right, Lord Third." My voice being no louder than a whisper, I look back up at him. "Do you need my help in sealing the curse mark on Anko?"

"No, that'll be all right." Turning away from me, he walks into the back room where Anko was suppose to be. Closing the door behind him, I look at Kotetsu and Izumo.

"Can you hand me a tin can of some sort, water, sterilizer, a towel, and a knife please." Walking towards the couch, I sit down as I unzip my anbu vest, pulling it off, I look up to see blushes dusted on their cheeks. "Today, maybe?" Their eyes widening, they quickly run out of the main room and into the other smaller room. Rustling being heard from the pair, I lift my hand up towards the collar of my shirt, ripping it off I show a large portion of my neck. More importantly, where my curse mark was. Kotetsu and Izumo coming back they place everything in front of me, their eyes widening they finally realize what I planned to do. Lifting my hand in a hand sign my absorption wall appears as a barrier between the three of us.

"We can't let you do this!" Kotestu yelled angrily as his fists banged against the forcefield. Grabbing the knife, I dip it in the sterilizer. Lifting my other hand, I feel for the aching pain on my back shoulder.

Nodding I quickly raise my hand in another sign, "water style: reflective mirror," a small frozen piece of water being frozen in my hand, I toss it up. "Wind style: tornado fist," holding my fist out underneath the mirror I quickly move my hand away so the mirror stayed floating above the tornado.

"(Y/n), don't do this!" Izumo yelled as he also tried breaking more absorption wall, "we don't know what could happen to you!"

Smiling I give him a thumbs up, "don't worry since Yoko's sealed in me, any inflicted wound should heal fast. Also, this isn't a vital organ, and there's no way I can bleed out. With that I also am a medical ninja, I can self heal." Picking up the towel, I place it in between my teeth, forcing myself to bite on it. Focusing my attention back on the curse mark, I suck in a deep breathe before digging the knife in my skin. The piercing blade entering my skin, I slowly begin to cut around the circle of the curse mark. Blood dripping onto my clothing and the floor, I bite down on the towel harder as the pain coursed through me. Completely cutting around the chunk of skin, I drop the knife in the tin dish. Picking up my unattached skin I hold it up, before also dropping it in the dish. The wound sizzling I look in the mirror to see my skin healing itself back together. My eyes widening, I look to see my skin self healing with the curse mark. Anger boiling, I stand up, throwing the knife on the ground, the towel coming from out my mouth, it also falls to the ground, "damn it!" Lifting my hand, I undo all of the three jutsu I did to help with the procedure.