Chapter Sixty Two: Pulverise

Running out the hole in the side of the arena building with Sakura, Naruto, Shikamaru, and Pacun, we chase down Sasuke.

"Say (Y/n), aren't you anbu? Shouldn't you be chasing down the ninja attacking the Hokage?" Pacun questions as we hop onto another tree branch, propelling forward.

"Because, those four anbu ninja up there can handle themselves. I know them well, and I trust them with my lives. Plus, chasing down the one who holds the demon sand spirit in him, is of great importance." I reply as I sense foreign chakras catching up on our trail. "Pacun."

"Yes, I know." He replied.

"What? What is it?" Naruto asked as we stopped on a tree branch.

"We're being followed." Me and Pacun say in sync.

"Someone needs to stay back and fight them. It certinaly may mean sudden death. There's about ten or eleven shinobi coming our way- and fast. So who is it going to be?" Pacun asks.

Naruto's smiling grimly he opens his mouth to speak before getting cut off by Shika, "I'll do it." Everyone's eyes widening and turning to face him I lift my head and smile at him.

One heck of a guy. He would also make a great Hokage- maybe a lazy one- but still, he's one heck of a guy.

"No." Sakura said lightly shaking her head.

"Shikamaru we can't let you!" Naruto protested loudly.

Raising my arm I hit Naruto and Sakura's arms, "stop it you two. What he needs to hear right now is words of discouragement, but ones of hope. I believe Shikamaru can do it, I trust him with my life." Everyone else silencing, Shika looks at me, a surprise look on his face to one of gratitude. The self reassurance he needed, being provided through my words. "Your a great strategist Shika. I believe in you, now be careful, pineapple head."

A chuckle escaping his lips he lifts his hand, placing it on my shoulder with a squeeze, "thank you (Y/n)." Nodding I turn towards the rest of the squad, as Shika's hand moves itself from me.

"Now let's put our faith in him, send him our thoughts. And continue on, to help another comrade in need." I say fist pumping the air determinedly.

"Ya! Let's go!" Naruto jumping ahead on another tree branch Sakura wastes no time in following him.

"Hey! You don't even know where to go without me!" Pacun yelled as he ran to catch up to Naruto. Turning around I look at Shikamaru's back.

"Make sure, you come back to us. Shikamaru." I say softly as I jump off the tree branch and to the one ahead, catching up to my other team mates.

Seeing the bright orange of Naruto's jacket I feel the presence of another foreign chakra near me.

W-what is this? What is this chakra? Is this Garra?

"Naruto!" Yelling his name they both look back at me, "be careful where close! And his chakras expelling quickly!" Running on a tree branch further I catch up to Naruto's side just in time. "Naruto, remember, he has a tailed beast sealed in him- just like you. And I have Yoko Kurama inside me, so we all have to be careful when we fight with him." Peering ahead I see Sasuke's body covered in the curse mark with half of Garra's face covered with Shukaku's, along with his tail, and arm. His partial transformation is already so strong. Me and Naruto immediately jumping in, he kicks Garra in the face, while I kick him in his abdomen. Sending him flying back into another tree branch. Me and Naruto standing up on a tree branch, separating Sasuke and Sakura from Garra, I pull out a kunai from my leg strap. Clutching it in my right hand I point it forward to Garra threateningly.