Chapter Twenty Seven: The Vow

Standing in a semicircle staring at the Brothers tied to the tree we all look at them as Kakashi speaks.

"Their chunin from Hidden in The Mist. Their specialty is relentless attack. They keep fighting no matter what the sacrifice." Kakashi informed the rest of the squad. Since I already knew all of this.

"How did you know about our ambush?" Questioned one of the brothers to Kakashi.

"Care to inform them (Y/n)?" Kakashi asked as he looked at me.

Nodding I squat down looking at them, "a puddle on a clear day, when it hasn't rained in weeks. That makes no sense."

"In that case why did you leave it to the genin for the fighting?" Tazuna questioned as he looked at Kakashi and me in question.

"Me and (Y/n) could have taken them out quickly, but then I'd of learned nothing. We had to know who their target was." Kakashi stated as his head tilted down and his one eye looked to Tazuna. "And, what they were after."
With a hm, Tazuna was quick to defend himself.

"What are you getting at?" Kakashi turning to face him completely, with no ounce of confusion in his body, then proceeded to begin his explanation.

"This, I wanted to know if they were after us. Ninja attacking ninja, or if they were after you, the master bride builder. When you put in your request you asked for standard protection, from robbers and highway men. You didn't say there were ninja looking for you. Hunting you down. If we knew this, it would be a B rank mission or higher. Our task was simply to get you to your destination and protect you until you finish building your bridge. If we knew we would be fielding attacks from enemy ninja we would have staffed different and charged for the cost of a B mission. Apparently you have your reasons, but lying to us is not acceptable. We are now beyond the scope of this mission."

Sakura giving a light smile leaned forward, "we are genin this is to advance for are level of training. We should go back. And I really think we need to treat Naruto's wound and get the poison out as soon as possible. Back in our village we can take him to a doctor." Rolling my eyes I hear Kakashi hum in thought as he turned to look at Naruto.

"That's why I'm here, I'm no Lady Tsunade, but I definitely can get the poison removed." Naruto turning he nodded in agreement to my words.

Though Kakashi wanted to ignore me and my words he continued on, "Naruto's hand could become a problem." He sighed as he looked up at the sky, "I guess we should go back to the village." Hearing Naruto growl, he pulled out his kunai stabbing himself in his hand.

It's even grosser in person. Damn.

With a smile playing on my lips I raised my eyebrows and I looked at him. As everyone, including Kakashi was shocked at Naruto's actions.

"Why am I so different? Why am I always," with a groan of pain, he faces away from us.

"Naruto stop that! What are you doing?" Sakura yelled as she quickly walked forward to Naruto.

"Sakura, leave him alone," I say to her as she looked back at me shocked. "Let him be." Closing my eyes I fold my arms across my chest as I await his vow.

"I will never back down again, and let someone else rescue me, I will never run away. And I will not lose to Sasuke and (Y/n). Upon this wound I make this pledge. Believe it. Bridge builder I'll complete this mission and protect you with this kunai knife." Opening my eyes I see him turn around with a look of determination and a little chuckle. "Don't worry I'll be fine."

"Naruto uh- that was really cool how you took the poison out and all, but if you loose anymore blood you're going to die." Kakashi states awkwardly to him. With a laugh, the birds chirp as Naruto silently lets Kakashi's words sink in. Seeing Naruto's face turn blue he starts sweating a lot. Kakashi swoops next to his side with a close eyed smile, as Naruto was stuck in his spot with the wound bleeding out. "Good idea to stop the bleeding now, seriously."
Screaming Naruto runs side to side like he was a crab.