Chapter Sixty Five: Uchiha Charm

Lord Third. We will miss you, but your Will of Fire will be carried throughout all of us. No one will ever forget you, and what you have done for the Village, and the King.

My eyes moving to Konohamaru tucked into me and Naruto's bodies, we rub his shoulders in comfort. My black sleeves of my outfit rubbing against Naruto's, we share a glance at each other, before we both look away again.

"Iruka Sensei, why do they do it? Why do people risk their lives for other people?" Naruto asked as his eyes lifted towards old man Third.

"Well, when someone passes, it's the end. His past and future, all the dreams he's once had, they disappear along with him. This is true even if he died honorably in battle, as so many have, as Hayate did. All the tires that bind him to the living are severed- all but one, the lost important of all, people. Parents, siblings, friends, lovers, the people who were important to him. And these people, the ones left behind, are joined together in a great circle by their shared memories of him- a circle- a circle of friendship, trust, and sacrifice that grows larger and stronger as time passes. It's hard to explain it. We remain in the circle together. We have no choice. It's important to us." Iruka explained solemnly.

"Mhm." Naruto looking away from the statue looks back at the photos of those lives taken. "So we do it because we have to. I get it. Sort of. Still, I'm sad he's gone."

"Think how sad it would be if he'd die for nothing." Me and Kakashi say in unison. My eyes locking up at his, I nod as I allow him to talk.

"But he left us something priceless. Don't worry. You'll understand one of these days." Kakashi spoke as his eyes looked down at Naruto.

"Hey," Naruto's head lookin back at Kakashi he had a gleam in his eyes. "Give me some credit. That much I understand." A small tsk escaping my lips I feel my lips tug into a lazy smile.

"Well, I know that, at least, Naruto." Naruto's blue eyes moving and locking on mine, he returns my small smile.

"Yeah, (Y/n)." Naruto's raspy voice said half heartedly. The rain coming to a stop, the clouds cleared slowly, revealing peeks of sunshine. Illuminating the dreary hours of weeping we all had undoubtedly done. Looking up, I close my eyes, as the sun absorbs my coldness, into warmth.

This is a sign, from the old man, and everyone else.

"(Y/n)." My eyes opening, I look back down, and around me, to see people leaving. My eyes locking on Iruka, I see him give me a nod over in the direction of the exit. "We're leaving now, the service is done," Iruka spoke softly to me.

Nodding I give him a smile, "thanks. I would have never known- could of been up here for days." Iruka giving a small smile, he turns on his heel back towards the stairs. Making his way down the stairs, I watch his form slowly disappear out of sight.

"Itachi Uchiha, Kisame Hoshigaki." I whisper out lightly as I turn my head in the direction I sense their chakra presence. Lifting my hands I close my eyes as I pinpoint exactly where I placed one of my kunai near the pair of rogue shinobi. My purple/green eyes widening as I find one less than ten feet away from the pair, I smile as I pull my chakra into transporting myself. With a small gust of air, rustling through my long white hair, I appear behind brush of a couple trees and bushes. My eyes locking on Itachi and Kisame, I smile lightly, as I hear some of their conversation.

"Don't tell me you still have feelings for your old home?" Kisame asked.

"No. None." Itachi said coldly, as he tilted his head up to look at the Village, the small bell on his hat sending off a chime to echo throughout the wind. Stepping over the brush, without trying to hide my presence, I smile as I see them both turn around and look at me. "Seems we have company."