Chapter Nine: Team Gai

A/n: hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! Everything takes a little bit more time to write and stuff. I know I have grammatical issues and stuff but I'm trying to fix it all!

Hope u guys enjoy this chapter!
----------------------------------------------

Once I managed to get all my ninja tools back in my pouch, and the targets sealed back away in the scroll, I move from the woods into the middle of the open training grounds. Taking a deep breathe in, and a deep breathe out, I walk over to a log standing up. Placing my feet and arms in my tai jutsu stance I begin my martial arts training. Since I've watched the show I learned that having leg weights and arm weights on constantly and never taking them off improves my strength ten fold. While repeatedly hitting the log with my fists and legs I see blood appear on the surface of the log. Not caring, I keep continuing until the log was broken into two. Hearing someone behind me clapping, I spin around swiftly drawing a kunai from my leg and holding it in my hand. Only to see Might Gai, and his team.

"Now that's the power of youth!" Gai screamed giving me a thumbs up as tears rolled down his face. "Lee, did you see her?"

"Yes Gai Sensei! She has seized the spring time of her youth fully!" Lee screamed also while crying. Sweat dropping at the both of them I let out a light laugh. Their even funnier in person than on screen, but Gai's team really is great.

Wait, Neji is still here..

Looking at TenTen and then at Neji, I feel a smile wash over my face. He's still here, but he hasn't fought Naruto yet. So he still believes in destiny, and that we don't have a choice crap.

"Hello, um- I'm sorry, did you guys have these training grounds?" I ask Gai looking back at him as I place the kunai back on my leg strap.

"Yes, we did little lassy, but if your up for it we can have you train with us!" Gai says with his famous smile and his sparkle at the top of his teeth.

Laughing I nod, "if that's okay I wouldn't mind. One question though, are you Gai Sensei? The arch rival of Kakashi sensei?" It's obviously Gai sensei, but I have to play along otherwise they'll get suspicious. Taking a wide stance an his arm raising he gives me a thumbs up.

"That's right, I am winning right now 50-49!" He yelled proudly as a sunset appeared behind him.

Nodding I place my hand on my chin and smile, "very impressive. So that means this is Team Gai?" Looking at everyone I see, Tenten give me a smile, Lee as well, and Neji glancing at me with a scowl.

"Yes this is! Everyone introduce yourselves to this lovely youthful girl!" Gai says standing back up straight placing his hands right underneath his chunin vest.

"My name is Rock Lee, I do not know ninjutsu, or genjutsu! My dream is to be a splendid ninja only knowing tai jutsu! Also to defeat the genius on my team!" Lee said bowing to me slightly and giving me a smile with a light laugh.

"Wow, that's cool Lee! You really must train hard, and I bet you'll be a splendid ninja one day- no doubt!" I say to him bowing slight to Lee as well. Once I stand back up straight I see Gai and Lee share a look. Before Lee runs up to me with hearts in his eyes.

"Please be my girlfriend, I vow to protect you with my life!" Lee exclaimed before Tenten grabbed him and covered his mouth with her hands.

Laughing at the two I tilt my head, "I appreciate that you want me to be your girlfriend it'd be a honor, but I'd prefer to focus on training and not have a relationship right now. Plus I'm to old for you." Shooting Lee a light smile I rub the back of my neck nervously.

Hell, I would date Lee, but what would happen if I messed up the timeline on how things work and he doesn't have his son? Then there's Kakashi who still hasn't talked about us..