Chapter Thirty Six: Star gazers

A/n: So I know i am #1 in Narutoxreader, but as chapters continue on I get less reads, comments, and likes. I don't really know if I should continue this.. anyway, here u guys go.

Sakura's face relaxing, she looks at the little boy saddened to see his state, to see him begging on the streets. Smiling I move to squat in front of the little boy to watch the scene unfold. Sakura smiling sadly, and almost apologetically, immediately began digging in her pouch.

"Uhh- here you go." Sakura said gently as she placed some candy in the little boys hands. His eyes opening he smiled as he looked down his hands, his laugh carrying through our ears and hearts.

"Oh, thank you." Sakura looking down she nodded weakly at the thought of him being happy over something so little.

"Hey kid, come here I have something too." I whisper as I raise my hand, gesturing him over towards me. Reaching in my back pocket with my other hand, I pull out three rice cakes. "Here you go, share that with whoever you need to." Smiling I see his eyes light up and his lips upturn into a full grin.

"Thank you so much!"

"Of course kiddo," ruffling his head I slowly get back up to my regular standing position. "If you and your friends or family want some medical help or some hair cuts, I'm up to give some on my free time. My names (Y/n) (L/n), just in case you ever need me."

"Your the best! Thank you big sister (Y/n)!" Seeing the little boy run away into the crowd, I let out a little sigh shaking my head.

"Kids shouldn't have to live like that. No one should have to live like that." I whisper lightly as I close my eyes, sorrow and irritation coursing through my veins. Tazuna stepping next to Sakura filled in our missing blanks we searched for.

"This is how it's been since Gato's been here. The children suffer. And the adults are scared to stand up to him. They've lost all hope. That's why we have to finish the bridge. It will bring commerce and trade, but more importantly, that bridge is a symbol of courage. We must restore the spirt of our people. When the bridge is finished, people will start to believe again." Tazuna finally loosing his temper balled his hand into a fist of frustration. "They'll believe that they can live with dignity. We can't let Gato stop us." People silently passing by the three of in the middle of the road, I breath out my anger.

"That's exactly why Team Seven will help you complete this bridge Tazuna. I promise you."
Hearing a grunt in response from him we silently made our way back to Tazuna's place.
Reaching Tazuna's house, we all go in silently, me and Sakura taking off our shoes and placing our stuff in our room. Walking to the kitchen, Sakura opens the small sliding panel door. Both of us slipping in we take the only available spots. Sakura running takes the head of the table, Naruto to her left and Sasuke to her right. Irritation bubbling from lack of manners, I slowly go to sit in between Naruto and Kakashi. "Excuse me as I slip in between you two."

"There's more than enough space (Y/n), no trouble at all," Kakashi spoke genuinely as he moved over a little more. Naruto nodding he gave me his trademark, genuine grin.

"Kakashi Sensei is right, believe it!"

Smiling I completely sit down in between the two, "Thank you very much." Inari's mom placing the food down in front of all us, we all thank her. Silently picking up my dish and digging in with my chopsticks. Immediately hearing Naruto and Sasuke divulge into their dishes I laugh lightly and shake my head.

With Tazuna laughing, he comments, "this is fantastic. It's been ages since we've had so many guests around our table." Laughing I slowly nod in recognition.

"This food is fantastic, I can't believe you prepared this all by yourself ma'am." I say sincerely to Inari's mother.

"Thank you (Y/n), I try my best." Stated Inari's mother as she turned her head over her shoulder, shining her smile at me. The room going back to the sound of Naruto and Sasukes eating. They both slam their hand on the table, lifting the empty bowls in the air.