Chapter Thirty Five: Reality

A/n: I have shattered my phone and it's screen is falling off so idk if updates will be on schedule sorry loves 😭

Nodding I pat the tree, "yes I am. Thank you Mr.Tree." I whisper as I lay my head against the trunk. Feeling the tree trunk move up and down, I hear a light laugh escape it. My eyes widening in realization, I quickly push away from the person, bowing I begin to talk once more. "I'm so sorry I'm out of it right now and I'm sorry!" I yell out as I lift my head to meet the eyes of Haku.

My heart picking up in pace again I see him smile down at me. "It's okay, you must have someone you want to protect to work your self this bad." Haku said lightly as he smiled at me.

Laughing lightly I nod, "just as you do I assume. Takes one to know one." Searching Haku's eyes, I see conflict between them, deciding if I should live or die, because I'm from the Leaf Village, and he knows I'm a part of the squad that counterattacked, and more importantly, nearly killed Zabuza. Watching his eyes settle on keeping me alive, I smile. Bending down I pick a flower from the ground. Twirling the stem between my fingers I smile softly. Reaching my hand out I softly take Haku's hand, "I think. You should have this. Your hair is beautiful, and I feel like maybe looking at this flower in your hair would be perfect. Then again I don't think you'll like this in your hair. So here, this is from me to you, as an apology." I whisper gently as I take the flower and place it in his palm. Smiling I take my hand off of his and let it drop to its side, "my names (Y/n). And you?" Watching Haku's fingers twirl the stem around as I did, I give a light laugh to myself. Haku's eyes lifting up to look at mine, he gives a smile as well.

"That's a pretty name. My names Haku,"

Smiling I bow again, "it's a pleasure to meet you Haku. I wish we could talk more today, but I need to get back to my friends. I'll meet you tomorrow.. same spot?" I ask as I stand back straight an tilt my head studying Haku's features.

"Yes. That sounds like a lovely idea. It's a pleasure talking with you (Y/n). I'll see you tomorrow." Smiling I nod as I wobbly walk past Haku, I continue my way back to Tazuna's house undisturbed. Feeling my knees buckle I quickly grab ahold of the side of the house to steady myself.

How on earth am I suppose to explain to everyone that I had a panic attack and Orochimaru was messing with me in my head?

Inhaling a breathe, I exhale it out slowly. Turning the doorknob to the house I walk in. Only to see everyone gathered in the small room worriedly talking about me. Everyone's eyes immediately locking on me I feel my head hang low.

"I'm so sorry I caused such a disturbance." I say quietly as I bow to the householders- Tazuna, Inari, and Inari's mom. Feeling someone's arms wrap around me my eyes widen as I see Sakura's form.

"Don't scare us like that (Y/n). You had us all worried." Smiling I hug Sakura back gently, soon enough Naruto joined in.

Laughing lightly I pat their backs, "okay that's enough I'm out of the hugging mood now." Everyone laughing, I feel their arms move away from me.

Inari's mom piping in she smiles at me, "your sensei told us you were having a ruff time. So we'll all leave right now and let you two talk it through." She said with a look to the rest of the group telling them to leave. Nodding my head in agreement I give a smile. Sasuke approaching my back I feel his hand touch me. Jumping at his touch, I quickly look over my shoulder to see his eyebrows furrowed.