Chapter Sixty Four: Whatever

"I've- I've had it with you!" Me and Naruto both yell in sync, Naruto head butting Garra I release the sand around me and manage to kick Garra in his ribs, with the cracking sound of his ribs being destroyed, the sand Shukaku begins to crack, before it all starts diminishing back into the earth once more. Falling down in the air, I feel myself finally at ease. My lips tugging up in a smile, Chief Toad, Gamakichi, and Gamaken both go back to Mount Myoboku. With the burst of hair hitting me, my hair flies wildly as I feel myself fall closer to the ground.

"(Y/n)! Wait! I got you!" Sasuke groaning out in pain my eyes widen as I feel my body smash into Sasuke's.

"S-Sasuke?" I stutter out, as I slowly move my body from him and to the side of him. "The curse mark! Oh no, I'm so sorry! You shouldn't be moving! It's painful and-and you can seriously injure yourself more!" Sasuke growing in pain he holds the back of his neck.

"Just shut up and be happy I caught you. If I didn't you could have broken some bones." Sasuke grumbled our at me as he held his curse mark.

"Sasuke.." I whisper out lightly. His onyx eyes catching mine, I pout as I look at him. "I'm sorry, thank you. Let me try and help you with the curse mark, I know how much it hurts." Mustering up some of my chakra I push it to my hands, lifting it up towards him, his hand moves from his neck to grab my hands. "Sasuke? What are you doing?"

"You need to help Naruto. I'll be fine, this will fade, Naruto will most likely need medical treatment." Sasuke said as his hand held a tight grip on mine. A small nod he gestures me over to Naruto on the trees. "Go finish what you and him started."

"Alright." Nodding, Sasuke releases my hands, slowly standing up I move to Naruto just as he threw one last punch at Garra. Both of them landing on the ground I appear next to Naruto.

"No, stay away!" Garra yelled as his body lied lip on the floor.

"Garra.. it's unbearable isn't it?" I prove as I tilt my head down low.

"The feeling of being all alone." Naruto added as he looked up into Garra's sea foam green eyes.

"We know that feeling. We've been there." Me and Naruto both say quietly. Bending down, I slowly grab Naruto by his arm, before picking him up. Throwing one arm over my shoulder, I hold his small frame up.

"In that dark, lonely place," Naruto continued as his eyes held sadness in remembrance of the past. "But now there are others.. like (Y/n)." His blue solemn filled eyes glance up at me as we slowly take a step toward.

"People who mean a lot to us.. and we care more about them than we do ourselves." I slowly say as Naruto's eyes hold a new look. A look of determination.

"And that's why we won't let anyone hurt them." We say in unison yet again.

"That's why I won't ever give up. I will stop you, even if I have to kill you." Naruto said as his eyes fixated on Garra.

"Why? Why would you do this for anyone but yourself?" Garra whispered out in disbelief of our strength, and will, to protect the ones precious to us.

"Because they saved me from myself." Naruto grunted out as we both slowly managed to take another step, pain coursing through our bodies.

"They rescued me from my loneliness." I whisper out as I look down, remembering Lord Third, Iruka, and Kakashi.

"They were the first, to accept us for who we are." Naruto and I both slowly groan out as we take yet another step forward. "They're my friends." Images of Squad Seven, Konohamaru, Iruka, Hinata, and Shikamaru flash through my mind.