Chapter Forty: Battle on the bridge

A/n: Yoko Kurama above^^ very important later in the story! Btw I think im going to change the updates to every two weeks bcuz it's really hard to find the time to write every week.

Seagulls squawking, the sun shined down on team seven.

"Okay, I leave Naruto in your hands. He's pushed his body to the limit, overdoing it as usual, so he may not be able to move today at all." Kakashi stated as he looked at Inari's mother, the women who holds the household together.

"What about you, your still recovering?"

With a chuckle he stuffs his hands in his pockets, "why? Do I look wobbly? I'll be okay."

Is he flirting?

My cheeks growing red with anger, I turn and begin walking to the bridge, "come on let's go." As we walk to the bridge, I slowly recall that Naruto was suppose to have woken up by now. Crossing my fingers, I hope that everything goes as planned.

"Hold on. What the heck is this?" Yelled Tazuna, as we saw all of his bridge workers on the ground, moaning out in pain. "What happened? Someone was here. Someone got to them." The mist rising quickly, the entire bridge was soon coated in it like icing on a cake.

"Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi sensei, everyone get ready!" I yell out, as I reach down to my leg pouch and rip out a kunai, holding it out in front of me.

"I knew he was still alive," Kakashi mumbled as he looked out into the mist himself. "He just couldn't wait for round two."

"Kakashi sensei, it's Zabuza, isn't it? This is his hidden mist jutsu." Sakura asked, as she also readied her kunai.

"Sorry I kept you waiting Kakashi, I see you've still got those brats with you. That ones still trembling. Pitiful." Zabuza water clones appearing all around us, I smirk as I look at all of them.

"I'm trembling with.. excitement." Sasuke said cockily as he looked at Zabuza head on.

"Go on Sasuke." Kakashi said turning to him with a closed eyed smile.

My eye twitching in annoyance I speak up, "hell no I want a piece of this action too." Looking at Sasuke we both nod at each other, "let's do this." Zabuza's patience being stretched to thin, he begins to swing his sword only to have me step on it and kick him in the face. Drawing two more kunai in my hand, I throw them each into two water clones hearts, making them shatter. Jumping back down after the Zabuza water clones I took down we're finished, I look to see Sasuke smirking as he also took down two easily.

"Oh so you could see they were water clones huh? The brats are improving. To bad your team mate seems to have outdone you, like last time. Looks like you've got some rivals, Haku." Zaubza stated, as he and Haku stepped forward on the bridge, looking at us both.

"So it seems," Haku said smoothly, as I could slowly feel his chakra amplify.

"Well, well. So I had it right. It was all an act." Kakashi stated, as he looked out to the pair that would soon be dead.

My head turning towards Kakashi, I give him a look, "what the hell are you saying! I had this shit down packed! I'm the one who told you this." I yell out as I point my kunai to Kakashi, Kakashi sweat dropping, he sighs at my childishness.

"Well, me and (y/n) had it right. Better?" Kakashi corrects, as he looks at me with pleading look saying, 'please don't embarrass me in front of our enemy'. Sighing in content, I give a nod of approval.

"Wow, let's go back. An act?" Tazuna questioned as confused as ever.

"An act," I say out lifting my head and laugh lightly, "with a cute little mask."