Chapter Sixty Eight: Unique girl

Laying down in my bed I place my head on top of my soft white pillow as Itachi returned from washing the dishes. My eyes following his movements as he sits down back at the desk, a smile creeps on my lips as I eye Itachi's hair.

"Itachi, I have a question for you." His eyes looking up into mine I smile gently at him. "Your hair.. why do you grow it out? And why not do something besides a pony tail? Let it hang naturally?"

His eyes moving from me look back at his ponytail, "I don't know. Maybe if I didn't grow out my hair I would look more like my father, however when I do, I look more like my mother." Turning onto my side, I lift my head and prop my elbow up on my pillow, tilting my head to the side I smile. "(Y/n). You are not playing with my hair." Smiling evilly I completely sit up this time, in cross cross applesauce position, I lift my hand and motion him over here.

"Please! The day has finally come where I can make you look like your in a boy band and your the...hmph." Looking up to my ceiling in thought I carefully think about what part he would have in a boy band. "Guitarist or a lead singer.. maybe the guitarist because your not modest enough to be the singer. Even though you have the looks." Looking back at Itachi I smile, "come here I'm changing your hair style. Whether you like it or not."

"No. I refuse to partake in-"

"Shut up and come here otherwise I'll crush your skull." Raising my eyebrows at Itachi, he let out a deep sigh as he stood up from the desk chair and sat on the edge of my bed.

"You're a very.. demanding girl." Itachi spoke as I sat myself behind him. My fingers wrapping itself along Itachi's silky, long black hair, I let his hair go free as I pull out the hair tie holder.

"Thank you." My fingers coming through Itachi's hair lightly, I let out a laugh. "First turn around so I can see you with your hair down. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity." Placing ny hands on his muscular shoulders I give them a squeeze. Turning around Itachi's onyx eyes looked up at me.

A blush dusting my cheeks my eyes widen in surprise, "what?" Itachi asked, his onyx eyes seeming more softer than piercing. Clearing my throat, I look down and let out a awkward laugh.

"It's nothing, you just.. remind me of the times when you were with Sasuke when he was little. You look more gentle, kind, the real you is shining through, and I like that." Lifting my head back up, me and Itachi's eyes pierce one another. "Turn back around and let me play with your hair, you big loser." Itachi's letting out a long awaited laugh, smiles at me.

"And if I refuse?" Itachi taunted, his long black hair moving along his shoulders gracefully.

Squinting my eyes at him, I let a evil smile grace my lips, "I'll buy you dangos, cabbage, or rice balls with seaweed, anything. You name it, I'll get it." Itachi's eyes lightning up, an embarrassed blush dusts his cheeks.

"What makes you think that will buy me off?"

"Because, as I've already said, I know you." Itachi's eyes lifting up they look at me with shock and amazement. His lips pursing, they slowly tug up into a smile, as he releases a chuckle.

"Alright. I'll take some rice balls with sea weed, if you don't mind." Itachi stated softly to me, making a smile form on my lips.

"Good, now come here and let me play with your hair."

As time passed along smoothly with me playing with Itachi's silky black hair, I find myself dwelling on the reactions of my comrades and Kakashi's, as I relayed the news. My fingers moving back from Itachi's hair as I finished all the crazy hairstyles I wanted to see him with I scoot further into my bed, before completely laying down on my back.