Part 24

*Selena's POV*

I was in the middle of a phone call with Justin when Emma dropped on off the cookie sheets on the phone making a loud bang noise throughout the house.

"What as that?" Justin asked alarmed.

"I can't- I have to go," I said before hanging up the phone and throwing it on the counter to go help Emma.

"You almost blew our cover," I said as I placed the pan on top of the stove scooping cookie dough into the scooper and putting it on the pan.

"I didn't mean to drop the pan. I didn't know it was going to be that heavy," she said with a sigh.

"Hey, it's okay. I don't think he knew that that sound was. I'm sure he doesn't suspect a thing. I'll text him to let him know that we're fine."

Sorry about that. I was making the kids lunch and dropped the pan.

I set my phone back on the counter before sliding the pan into the oven for the cookies to bake.

Ok... we r on the plane now. See u wen we get home. Love you

I rolled my eyes at his horrible grammar and let out a light laugh to myself. Justin still found a way to text like he was 18 instead of being 23.

However, I was really glad he was coming home. I was well aware that he was only gone for 2 and a half days and that I was capable of doing anything and everything on my own but it was nice to see Justin with the kids and to have him here to help with them.

Emma and I ran back and forth from the kitchen to the living room to get the cookies out and start a new batch over and over up until Justin texted me telling me he was just down the road.

I picked up Bentley, who was just waking up from his nap and we waited by the door for Justin and his brother and sister to walk in.

"Welcome home!" We yelled, or Emma and I yelled as they walked in the door.

Justin smiled and laughed before going in for a kiss forgetting all about the kids in the room. I swallowed hard and put Bentley in front of my face before handing him off to Justin.

"I'm gonna help with the bags!" I called out trying to get away from the situation.

As I walked outside, I was in shock to see Ryan helping with the bags.

"Ryan?" I asked as I got closer.

"Hey, Selena," he said setting down the bag he was holding to give me a hug.

*Justin's POV*

"Hi sweetie. I missed you," I said pick Emma up and setting her on the opposite hip from Bentley.

"I missed you too daddy! We made you cookies!" she exclaimed bouncing on my hip.

"Was that the loud noise I heard on the phone?"

She giggled and hid her face in my neck nodding.

I laughed and kissed her head walking into the kitchen to see plates and plates full of fresh, homemade cookies.

I set Emma down on the floor grabbing a warm cookie off the plate.

As I bit into the cookie, Selena strolled into the room with an annoyed look on her face.

"Were you planning on telling me Ryan was coming?" she asked placing a hand on her hip.

I sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry, Sel. I was going to tell you when I called earlier but with the whole noise thing and you hanging up I forgot. I'm sorry. It won't happen again, promise."

She sighed and rolled her eyes making her way over to me to wrap her arms around me. I smiled and kissed her head; thanking the lord that Emma had run off to go see Jax.

"I missed you," she said resting her head on my chest.

"I know, love. Me too, way more than I should," I admitted in a quiet voice.

"I better go tell Ryan where his room is. You tell the kids where their's is," she said giving me a kiss on the cheek before wiggling out of my arms and leaving me alone with Bentley in the kitchen.

I finished my cookie before heading back to set Bent in his play pin as I helped get Jazzy and Jaxon settled.

I led them to their room before helping them unload their bags.

When everyone was done and settled it was pretty late so we just decided it would be best to tuck in Bentley and Emma and turn on a movie for the rest of us and wait for everyone to fall asleep.

Unfortunately, Selena decided that we should sit on opposite sides of the living room so while everyone else was watching the movie I was forced to sit there staring at Selena, wishing she was in my arms.

I hope u no u r killin me over here

Everyone turned their head to Selena who was giggling.

"What's funny about his dad dying?" Ryan asked confused.

Selena glanced over at me and began chewing on her lip and shrugged not knowing what to say.

"Okay movies over," I said turning on the light. "Everyone off to bed. Now."

"Justin, it's like 9," Jazzy said.

"Well, your jetlagged. Therefore it's time for bed."

Jazzy and Jaz sighed and stormed up to the rooms.

Ryan looked between the two of us, standing there for quite some time.

"Dude, go," I said breaking the silence.

He sighed shaking his head before heading off to his room.

As soon as we heard the door close Selena and I joined our lips for the first time in what felt like forever.

"Come on. Let's get you to bed," she said once we broke apart.

I nodded not wanted to fight before she led us up to her room closing the door behind us.