Part 34

*Selena's POV*

I closed the passenger door to the car as I stepped onto the busy airport.

"Remember Ryan, you can stay at our place as long as you like but no parties," I said as I hugged him goodbye.

"I know, I know. You've told me a million times," he replied with an eye roll and a smile.

"Call me when you land, okay?" he said going to hug Justin.

Justin nodded in agreement as he gave his best friend a bro hug.

"Come on Jay. We have to get going," I said looking down at the clock on my phone.

"When will I see you again?" Ryan asked as I took a double take on my phone.

I cussed under my breath making sure that Emma wasn't hearing what I was saying. "It looks like we will have to come back next week for court."

"Court? For what?" Justin asked absent mindingly.

I laughed and picked up my carry-on bag. "Divorce, silly," I said before taking away with Bentley on my hip.

I threw Bentley's beloved 'Blankie' over his head trying my best to keep the paparazzi as far away as possible.

"HOWS BENTLEY DOING AFTER THE SURGERY?!"

"IS IT TRUE BENTLEY HAS CANCER?!"

"HOW DOES KATE FEEL ABOUT YOU TRAVELING WITH HER DAUGHTER?!"

It was moments like this I was thankful that Bentley was 'hard-of-hearing.' I was so glad that soon we wouldn't have to deal with the press and the media.

I honestly thought, okay so I know, that I was more excited to go to Texas. It wasn't just that I would be closer to where I grew up and where my family was but that I was able to show Justin things that really meant a lot to me.

Like I wanted Justin to eat world famous Texas BBQ and go to a bondfire in the woods and a barn party. Yeah, maybe some of that stuff was a little high school but that's sort of what made up who I am.

"Babe, um.. can we talk about this whole court thing?" Justin asked as we finally reached the plane.

"Can we do this later, honey? Bentley's starting to get fussy," I said as we began to settle.

Justin sighed and nodded as he helped Emma get buckled in.

-

"DADDY!!!" I yelled dropping my bag in the foyer of his small Texas style home.

"Selena," he said with a smile on his face as I hugged him tight. "Is this Bentley? My, he has gotten so big since the last time I saw him."

"I know," I said handing Bentley over to him. "I feel like he gets bigger every hour. He's growing too fast."

"Tell me about it," he said with a smirk as he eyed me.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Justin finally walked in carrying all our bags, right after Emma strolled in pushing her baby doll.

"Daddy, you remember Justin," I said.

"Great to see you again, Mr. Gomez," Justin said.

I directed him toward the room that we would all cram together in.

As soon as he was out of sight my dad rolled his eyes.

"So are you two dating again?" he asked.

I let out a breath, "Dad, really?"

"I think I have a right to know," he said.

*Justin's POV*

After I dropped off the bags in the room that I faintly remember from a long, long time ago, I walked in on Selena and her dad having a conversation.

"Right to know what?" I asked trying to get back on Mr. Gomez's good side.

I knew that after things ended with Selena and I the way they did at the wedding, Mr. Gomez was not my biggest fan. Honestly, I was surprised that he didn't pull out a shotgun and shoot me right then and there.

"Nothing!" Selena answered too quickly.

"Okay," I said.

"Actually, we have to meet with the realtors. Can you watch Bentley for us while we look at a few properties?" Selena asked kissing Bentley's head.

He agreed as go I took Emma by the hand leading her back out to the rental car.

"He doesn't like me," I said once Selena got in the car.

"That's not true," she said resisting the urge to grab my hand seeing that our daughter was in the back seat very much aware of what was going on.

"Sel, it was pretty clear on his face," I said as I followed her instructions to get to where we were going.

It was sort of out in the middle of nowhere which Selena seemed to like.

As we pulled up to the pretty large house, Selena let out a squeal. In Selena language that means she liked it, a lot.

We shook hands with the male realtor before he walked us through the house.

It was fully furnished which was nice seeing all our furniture was back in California.

"It's a little small don't you think?" I asked as I leaned on the counter looking at Selena.

"Okay so it's not 14 rooms but it has enough. We can share a room to save space, the kids each have one, one office a recording studio and a guest bedroom. I think that's plenty. Look at the backyard. It's perfect," she said with a smile.

"But there's no pool. Emma loves swimming," I said going through the con's on my list.

"We can always add a pool," she countered.

I sighed. "Okay we will leave it up to Emma. Emma what do you think?"

Emma tapped her finger on her chin before stepping out of the kitchen to take one last quick look.

"I like it," she said nodding.

"Yay!!" Selena yelled.

"Looks like this is our new house," I said with a laugh.