Part 39

*Justin's POV*

"How does our case look?" I asked shaking my knee nervously.

"I think it's pretty strong but I don't know how strong their case is," my lawyer said as we sat outside the court room waiting for our turn to go in.

I had just finished texting Selena updating her telling her that we were still waiting when Kate strolled in with her lawyer by her side and a cocky smirk placed on her lips.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head wondering how I ever fell for her twice or even once at all. Don't get me wrong, I love Emmaleigh more than anything and having her was such a blessing but I can't stand Kate.

DON'T LET HER GET TO YOU, Selena texted to me knowing exactly how I was feeling.

We were finally called into the court room to get ready for the judge to get in.

"Ms. Somer, you may begin," the judge said ad she walked in.

I sat back in my chair with a blank look on my face. I knew that I had any kind of smirk on my face I would come off as I knew that I would win the case and then the judge would definitely give Emma back to Kate and there was no way I would allow that to happen.

Kate's lawyer stood up and presented her side. They talk about how I left her high and dry and what not going on and on about all these false things.

Finally, Kate and her people sat down and it was our turn to go.

My lawyer stood up and began presenting things that were actually true. He talked about no where in the agreement that we set forward for Emma did it say that I couldn't move with her. He also talked about how even when Kate did have Emma she would always leave her with friends and family and go out to party, which is 100% the truth. On many accounts I had friends tell me they saw her at a club the night she was supposed to have Emma.

"Could I speak for a minute your honor?" I asked standing up.

The judge nodded getting more comfortable in her chair.

"I'm a father of two children. I have Emma with her and I also have a son. We recently found out that he is part deaf and we moved to Texas so we could get away from the limelight because that's not the way I want to raise my family. I also did it for the health of my family. It's not good to have Emma yelling at the paparazzi telling them to leave her alone. No child should know how to do that. It's so much safer for Emmaleigh in Texas. I love that little girl more than anything and I would do anything for her," I said wholeheartedly before sitting down.

*Selena's POV*

I hurried around the house trying to find Emma her shoes while I tried to get me and Bentley ready.

"Emma hurry! We're going to be late!" I yelled up the stairs as I got Bent into his little button up shirt and jeans with his matching boots.

Emma walked into the room thankfully fully clothed. "Where are we going again?" she asked.

"Church. Then after we are getting a surprise but only if you are good during church," I said grabbing the baby bag and my purse.

"Why are we starting to go to church now?" Emma asked as she got herself in her car seat as I buckled up Bentley.

"Because we love God and being in Texas is a little different then when we were in California. We couldn't go to church in Cali because of who we are but it doesn't matter who we are here so now we can go to church," I explained to her as I drove to a small little church inside of town.

We pulled into the parking lot just as I saw my dad and his girlfriend got out of the car.

They helped me get the kids out before we all walked inside getting settled for the sermon to begin.

-

It was really great going back to church again. I had a really nice time listening to what the paster said. I even think the kids enjoyed it a little bit.

However we did have other things to do today.

The fence to our little farm had just got finished the day before so I decided it was time to get come animals for our farm.

Not only was it a surprise for the kids but Justin didn't know anything about this either.

I figured we would start off with just horses and eventually get cows and other things like that.

"We're getting a horse?!" Emma yelled excitedly as I pulled up to to a barn full of horses.

"Yup," I said smiling. "Go find one that you like. I'll be there in a minute your father's calling me," I instructed looking at my phone that was ringing in my hand.

"Hey baby," I said in a cheery voice.

"Hi beautiful," he said with a sigh.

"How was court?" I asked. I knew that Justin was really afraid of losing his daughter so I was hoping it had done well.

I heard him sigh into the phone, and I imminently knew that it hasn't gone the way he wanted.

"Justin, I'm so sorry," I said.

"No I'm sorry Selena. It looks like out grocery bill won't be getting any lower anytime soon."

"Wait? We get to keep her," I asked letting a smile take over my face.

"We won baby," he said with a chuckle.

"I'm so glad. I can't wait for you to get home tomorrow. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," I said watching Emma look at all the horses from a distance.

"Are the kids being good?" He asked.

"Of course. Even if they weren't I'm a big girl I can handle it," I answered.

"Okay baby. I love you. I'll see you tomorrow. Be safe," he said into the phone.

"See you tomorrow. Love you," I said happily.