Part 33

*Selena's POV*

"Justin, I don't know if I can do this," I said holding onto his hand for dear life.

We were currently sitting in the waiting room on the morning of Bentley's ear surgery. We had only been there for less than 20 minutes but I was falling apart as we got closer and closer to the time of the actual surgery.

Justin held me in his arms rocking me gently like a baby, just holding and supporting me. "He's strong, Sel. He will be okay, I promise. Then we can go to Texas, just like you wanted, remember?"

"He's not ready for this Justin. He's too little," I cried gripping his shirt in my fits.

Justin kissed my hairline over and over trying to calm me.

"I hate to interrupt," Jake said, "but I just talked to the doctor and they are ready to take him back."

I broke down harder in Justin's embrace as he stood up and walked up back to the room where our poor son laid defenseless on the hospital bed, dressed in a power blue gown.

Justin rubbed my back whispering that it was going to be okay over and over as we kissed him and watch them wheel him down the hallway.

I had never been in more pain than when I watched them take my son into surgery. I don't know how other parents do it. I mean sometimes it's necessary but how can they let go so easily when it's for their own good.

-

We sat in the waiting room together for what felt like ages. I had to admit it was kind of awkward with both Jake and Justin there but I was too much in hysterics to care.

"Justin, it's been forever. What if something went wrong?" I asked pacing the floor.

Right on cue the doctor who took Bentley back came strolling into the waiting area.

"Mr. Bieber, Ms. Gomez, Mr. Adams, Bentley's now out of surgery and he's in the recovery process. He hasn't woken up yet but that completely normal, he should be waking any minute," he started.

"That's wonderful!" I said with a smile squeezing Justin's hand and smiling over at Jake. "I don't want him to wake up alone."

Justin nodded and I kissed his cheek before letting go of his hand and rushing down the hallway to Bentley's private room.

He was so little in the big bed. His eyes were closed peacefully but his head was wrapped in white bandages. I pulled up the chair next to his bed and smiled watching him sleep while waiting for him to wake up.

*Justin's POV*

All three of us watched as Selena walked away to go be with Bentley. On one hand, I was happy she had left because I was able to ask the real questions.

"How did it go?" I asked.

The doctor sighed and rubbed has hands together before talking. "It was worse than we thought. However, we did do our best and all we can really do is wait and see if it worked."

"In you professional opinion, do you think it will work?" Jake asked.

It took everything in me not to roll my eyes and pound his head in. I was grateful that he gave up Selena for me but I hated how he was acting like he was Bentley's father, because he wasn't; not even close. I was his dad and no one else.

"I've seen cases worse than him that worked, so it's hard to say," he answered honestly.

"So what do we do next? When does Bentley get released?"

He stepped over to the reception desk picking up one of the clipboard that were sitting on the ledge before looking over it. "It's routine that we keep him overnight just to make sure there no type of reaction to the surgery or any of the medication and then you can take him home in the morning. We will want you to come back in about 2 weeks to make sure everything is healing and we will do a hearing check then to see if it worked."

"Slight problem," I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Yes, Mr. Bieber?"

"Selena and I are taking Bentley and his sister to live in Texas as soon as he is released tomorrow," I said.

"You are?" Jake asked with wide eyes.

I let a smile fall onto my lips and nodded turning back to the doctor.

"That's not a problem. We will send Bentley's medical records to someone close to where you are going and just have them check it."

I nodded and shook the doctors hand thanking him before going to find Selena and Bent.

"Justin, wait!" Jake yelled after me.

"What?" I snapped turning around.

"Y'all are moving?" he asked.

"I don't think that's any of your business," I muttered walking away.

I walked into the room where Selena was smiling brightly at a newly awoken Bentley.

"How's he doing?" I asked walking over to them.

She got up so I could sit down and I pulled her onto my lap.

"Good. They just filled his IV with medication so they said he will be a little loopy."

"Well, baby girl, I got everything sorted out they are sending his files to Texas with us and we are free to take him home tomorrow."

Selena smiled and kissed my cheek. "Thank you. I know you are giving up a lot for me and the kids, I really appreciate it."

"I would do anything for you guys. I will book the hotel as soon as Bentley goes to sleep," I said.

"Oh we aren't staying in a hotel," she said with a laugh.

I looked up at her with a confused smile. "What are you talking about? Of course we are silly."

"Nope, we are staying with my dad till we find a house."

I groaned and leaned back in my chair crossing my arms.

"Oh stop acting like a child. It won't be for long. I already have a realtor ready to show us houses as soon as we get there. Plus, dad wants to see the kids."

Yay can't wait.