Part 17

*Selena's POV*

"It looks like we are going to have to stay in the hotel for a while. I can't really get the house together while we are planning the party. Even if I was able to start decorating right away, the furniture and pictures and stuff wouldn't be in for a week or two," I said as I sat at the small desk in the room.

"That's fine. I'll stop by the front desk on my way to the studio and tell them we are staying longer," he said as he fixed his hair.

"Okay, just let me know much it is so I can pay you back," I said as I went back to typing on my computer.

"Selena, when have I ever made you pay for anything?" he asked walking towards me.

"That was while we were together. It's different now. Plus, I'm independent. I can pay for my own things," I said.

"I'm not letting you pay. It's my treat. Think of it as an 'I'm sorry' gift."

I sighed knowing that Justin was hard headed and I would never win this. "Fine, but I pay half of the mortgage for the house."

"I already paid off the house so HA!" he said sticking his tongue out at me.

"I can still pay you for half of it so HA!" I repeated.

"Selena stop. I don't want you to pay, seriously," he said as he threw on a snapback.

"Fine but I pay for all the décor stuff," I said trying my best to bargain with him.

"Fine," he said giving up.

I smiled to myself and scooted away from the desk and went to kiss his cheek. "Have a good day at work," I said.

"Have a good day shopping," he said before giving both the kids and kiss and leaving.

"Emma, are you ready to go yet?" I called towards the bathroom.

"Coming!" she called out.

-

"That sure is a lot of cups," the guy said as he checked me out at the store.

I laughed and blushing looking down at all the cups. "Yeah. Me and a few friends are throwing a party."

He nodded and finished ringing me up. Once he finished I paid and I pushed the car out to the car before throwing all the cups in the back and loading the kids up.

"Mommy, I'm bored," Emma said as I drove to the furniture shop.

"I know baby but we are almost done. Don't you want to help me pick out the stuff for the house? You can pick out everything you want for your room. Any way you want it."

I saw as her face lit up in the back which made me smile and laugh.

I helped Emma get out before taking Bentley out of his car seat and walking into the store.

I had already had a picture of what I wanted the house to look like in my head.

The house had 10 bedrooms so there I decided there would be 2 guest rooms, 2 offices, a room for Bentley and another for Emma, one for me and one for Justin and a play room. The last room was being let for storage as of right now.

I picked out cute, child friendly sofas for the living room and bed sets for all the bedrooms. Thankfully, they were very understanding and said that they would be able to get all the furniture in 3 days.

I could picture how the house would look when everything was put into the house and it was looking great.

*Justin's POV*

"Did you talk to her yet?" Fredo asked the second I walked out of the recording booth.

"No. We went to the hotel and then crashed. Woke up and we both left," I said sitting down next to the producer who was editing all the pieces together.

"You didn't say one word to each other?" he asked suspiciously.

"We talked about money. That was it."

"What did she say?"

"Bro, calm down. She said she wanted to pay for half of the hotel bill and I said that I've never made her pay for stuff why start now. She said that was while we were together then she kissed my cheek and told me to have a good day at work. That was it," I said.

"Maybe she's being so wishy-washy because she's afraid to get hurt again so she's putting up a barrier. Maybe you need to take her out on another date," he said, sitting down on the arm of the sofa.

"It'll try that after this whole party thing is over," I said.

"I have all the kegs. They are sitting in my backyard and quite frankly, it looks like I have a drinking problem to my neighbors."

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"You don't think anyone will call the cops on us do you?" he asked after a moment.

"Just make sure to tell them that we are having a party, so they don't freak out. You said they were nice and understanding."

He nodded and went back to doing whatever I pay him to do.

We didn't really talk the rest of the time I was in the studio. I just watched as the song got edited. We played it back and it sounded just the way I pictured it in my head. I thanked everyone before I left to go back to the hotel.