Part 63

Stronger

Part 63

*Selena's POV*

After Justin's call I apologized to Jake's before having to rush off.

"I'm text you," I said I hugged hugged him goodbye.

I couldn't believe that I had lost track of time that much. Not only had I forgot to pick up the kids, I missed out on graduation practice.

As I pulled into the driveway I thought about what I was going to tell Justin. Do I tell him I ran into Jake or do I make something up?

I took a deep breath before opening the door to a very angry Justin pacing around the living room.

"Hi," I said in a small voice.

"Where were you?!"

"I just- I got caught up with something," I said honestly.

"Would you like to tell me what that was and why it was more important than picking up your children?" he asked raising his voice.

"Justin, I need you to calm down. The kids are going to hear you," I said calmly.

"You mean the ones that you left at school?" He asked with a chilling laugh.

"I can't talk to you if you're like this. Why don't you go take a walk for a minute and cool off so we can properly talk?" I said.

He scuffed before rolling his eyes and walking out the door.

I knew that I had really messed up and that if I lied to him about Jake he would only get 10 times more mad.

I sighed as I walk up the stairs and into the kids playroom.

"Guys can you come here?" I asked as I set down on the rug that was in the room.

They came and sat on either side of me.

"I'm sorry I forgot to pick you up. I got caught up talking to an old friend. You know when I was little, probably littler than y'all, my dad forgot to pick me us at school too. I was there for about an hour before he remembered and came to get me, but that didn't make him a bad dad. It made him human. I'm not perfect and I'm sorry that me not being perfect effected you guys. I never meant for that to happen. I love you both so much I would never do anything to hurt you guys on purpose. Okay?"

Emma nodded and hugged my side as Jachito muttered an "Okay," hugging me the same way as Emma.

"Okay now you two go back to playing. I think I'm just going to order pizza then it will be bedtime. I love you guys," I said kissing their head before leaving the room to order a pizza.

"There's Momma's baby," I said as I spotted Bent in his play pen. "Guess who I say today? Jake. You remember him right? He loves you so much. He told me how much his missed you," I said as I signed to him.

"Mommy loves you so much," I signed and to my surprise he signed it right back.

*Justin's POV*

After a nice walk I was finally able to calm down.

I walked back into the house with an open mind ready to talk to Selena.

"Hey. Your back," she noted as I walked in.

I nodded before sitting down on the sofa.

"I'm ready to talk. Where were you Selena?" I asked in a soft tone.

"Promise you won't get mad?" She asked closing her eyes.

I nodded waiting for her response.

Just as she opened her mouth the doorbell rang cutting her off.

She sighed an apology before getting up to get the door.

After she paid the pizza guy and dropped the boxes off in the kitchen she came back.

"Can we talk about this after dinner?" She asked.

Once again I nodded before turning to head up the stairs.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To the room. I'm not hungry. Come up when your done so we can talk."

I walked up the stairs sluggishly before popping my head into the play room to tell the kids the pizza was here.

I drug my feet as I walked into the room, and threw myself on the bed.

I knew that I was being hard on Sel. I shouldn't be mad at her because she has a social life.

Maybe that was the problem. Besides work I don't do anything other than take care of the kids. In California I had more than enough friends, too maybe friends some would say, but here, it didn't have anyone. No one understood me.

Yeah there were some famous people who did live in Dallas but not ones that I could relate to and really be close friends with.

Right on cue Selena walked into the room closing the door behind her.

I wasn't really sure how long I had been up here but I assume it was quite some times because she told me she tucked in the kids already.

"So let's talk," she said sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm listening," I said.

"Open minded okay?" She said making me nod.

"Yesterday when I went to the store I ran into Jake. We started talking and he told me his mom was really sick. He asked me to coffee and I said yes because after we were going to visit his mother. She did so much for me when we were apart I felt like I owed her at least a visit. So that's where I was today. I went to coffee with Jake and then we went to talk and just hang out with his mom," she said. "But before you freak out, I have no feeling for him. I love you, Justin. He's even happy for us. You're the one I'm marring. You're the one I have kids with. You're the one I want to have more kids with. You're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. You're my forever. No one will change that."