Part 23

*Selena's POV*

I had to admit, I was a little sad that Justin wasn't able to be back at home with me but I was not going to slump around the house and be depressed.

Thankfully, I had the kids and my music to keep me busy for the time being. There wasn't too much left to do in the studio for me, seeing that I had already recorded what I wanted done. The only thing left to do was touch ups and rerecording and replacing the parts that I felt like needed to be done again.

"What is Justin going to say when he hears the song?" Taylor asked as we walked through the halls of the empty recording studio.

I shrugged my shoulders and kept my head down. "I don't know but honestly, I don't care. That's the way it was and I'm not going to hide how he hurt me. This song is what got me through the rough times and I want to give other girls that chance too."

She nodded and told me how I was really becoming a good artist and that she was so proud of me.

"And I'm not just proud of how you are doing with your music but how you grew up. Selena, you are so strong. Two years ago there's no way you could have handled all this mess the way you did. You really are an amazing person," she said stopping to look down at me pulling me into a tight hug.

I smiled and hugged her back thanking her for always being there for me and for always caring about me and listening to me all those times I've complained.

"So, how's the wedding planning going?" I asked sitting on the bench outside of the studio.

"We're getting there. It's hard with him being such a new artist and he's still trying to make a name for himself, so every break he gets he's off playing a little gig so I'm really stuck doing it myself, which I don't mind but you know," she said with a shrug.

"No, I totally understand. The wedding is going to be epic. He really loves you. I knew it from the first day I saw y'all together. That was the day we got that really bad flood. Do you remember that?" I said with a giggled thinking back on the memory.

She laughed along with me and nodded. "How could I forget?"

After a while the laughter died down and a silence fell upon us.

"Selena can I ask you something?" Taylor asked looking at me.

I nodded my head through the darkness.

"Do you ever think you are going to get married again?" she asked.

I sighed and turned my head. "I don't know Tay. Maybe one day but not anytime soon. I can't let myself go there again."

*Justin's POV*

Ryan and I sat at the local Tim Horton's talking about everything under the sun. It seemed like I really hadn't talked to him in a very long time.

"You know I'm starting my tour in a few months, would you like to come along? I would love to have you," I said after we finished eating.

"Really?" He asked digging into the breakfast that sat in front of him.

"Of course. Think about how much fun we would have. Think about all the potentional Mrs. Butlers you could meet," I said nudging him in the stomach playfully.

He laughed and whipped off his mouth. "I would love to go but I don't think the whole 'Mrs. Butler' thing is going to be happening. I'm not really the marriage type," he said nonchalantly.

"Are you kidding me? Chaz isn't the marrying type, but you. Man, I can picture you with like a wife and 3 kids, living in Stratford in a small cozy house," I said disagreeing with what he had to say.

"I think we kind of got off topic," he pointed out pushing his empty plate across the table.

I nodded and put my plate on top of his. "So it's settled. You will come back to California with me and Jaz and Jax tomorrow until tour begins then we are off on tour."

-

"Bieber, I can't find my sweater!" Jazzy yelled as she ran through the house trying to pack her bags because she waited until the last minute.

"Jazzy, it gets hot in California. I don't think you will need a sweater. We have to hurry. We need to be at the airport in 20 minute," I explained as I threw Jaxon's bags with mine and Ryan's in the back of the car.

"Hold on, I have to get my teddy!" she yelled as she finally gave me her bag before running back to her room with her teddy bear that Selena and I got her from Build-a-bear a long time ago.

"You good?" my dad asked clapping a hand on my shoulder.

"Dad, I'm not a child. I can handle them. Plus they will have Emma to play with, and it's only a couple of days. Just don't be making any more kids while I have them, okay? You're way too old for that," I said with a laugh.

He fake laughed and pushed me out the door. "You guys be safe. And call me when you land."

We all agreed and got into the car.

I got my phone out and decided I would be best to call Selena and tell her that we were on our way to the airport.

"Hello?" I heard Selena say into the phone, breathlessly.

"Sel, you okay?" I asked making Ryan look at me with a weird expression.

"Y-yeah. Everything's aye okay," she answered before a loud bang in the background went off.

"What was that?" I asked alert sitting up straighter in my seat.

"I cant'- I have to go," she answered quickly before the line went dead.