Part 42

*Selena's POV*

The car ride home wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We tried to be happy and it was nice to see us interact like a normal family and not a family where the mom and dad are famous the daughter have a different mom and the son is deaf. We were just normal.

"So, um, are we going to talk about the whole Haiti thing?" I asked as we walked in the door.

The second I mentioned it for the first time Justin scrambled and we hadn't gotten a chance to talk about it yet.

"I thought you forgot about it," he murmured to himself.

"We don't have to commit to adoption now, I just want to go and I want to share that with you. Either way I'm going but I want you to come. Please," I said taking his hands in mine and looking deep into his eyes.

"Okay, I'll go," he said giving in.

I smiled up at him kissing him tenderly. "Oh and Emma's coming too."

"Excuse me?" He asked with a completely straight face.

"It's good for her to see how fortunate she is."

"We don't want to scar the child," he said with a huff.

"No arguments. My moms coming down to watch Bentley and take him to therapy while we go for 4 days next week."

"Next week?! Sel I have recording to do. Just because we moved to Texas doesn't mean I can stop working."

"It will be fine. You'll just have to work a little harder when you get back. I'll help, it will be worth it I promise."

"You are going to be the death of me, I swear," he said shaking his head with a sigh.

"You know you love me!" I called out as I walked to the kitchen to make us all some lunch.

I got out some bread and cheese as I waited for the pan to heat up to make some grilled cheese.

"Justin?" I called out as I scurried around the kitchen.

"Yeah babe?"

"Can you take the kids to go feed the horses? I promise I'll hire someone next week to do it but for now can y'all do it. And brush them too. I'll call when lunch is done."

I heard as he grunted getting off the sofa dragging himself up the stairs to the playroom to get the kids.

I smiled as he walked back through the kitchen kissing me as he walked out the back door and over to the barn.

*Justin's POV*

"So we like, get the oats and scoop it into the bucket?" I asked Emma having absolutely no idea what to do in order to feed the horses.

Emma laughed shaking her head taking the bucket away from me. "I'll feed the horses daddy. You and Bentley just brush them," she instructed.

"Sounds good to us, huh buddy?" I said with a chuckle.

I grabbed the brush with my free hand off another empty bucket. I put the brush in Bentley's hand holding mine over his moving his hand to move the brush.

I watched as he smiled as we brushed one of the two horses.

"H-h-h" Bentley said looking up at me.

"That's right horse. Come on bent you can say it horse," I said nodding my head.

"H-hoos" he said with a smile.

I chuckled and shrugged. "That close enough. Maybe soon you'll start saying real words? I think you mommy would really like that."

Emma, with a little help from me, poured the oats and barley into there little eating things and we watched then eat away as we brushed them.

"Are you going to learn to ride?" I asked Emma as I watched her smile while brushing her beloved horse.

She looked over at me nodding her head violently. "Mommy's going to teach me."

"I didn't know she knew how to ride," I said to myself.

"What girl from Texas doesn't know how to ride a horse?" Selena said leaning on the frame of the barn. "Lunch is ready."

"You know, some people consisted ease dropping rude?" I said as I put down the brush, rushing after her.

She rolled her eyes and moved her hips flawlessly on her way to the house.

We walked in and there were 3 plates on the table with perfect grilled cheese sandwiches and a side of chips.

We set down and I placed Bentley in his high chair pulling him closer to me.

"What are you doing?" Selena asked eyeing me.

"Feeding Bentley?" I said as I tore up pieces of one of my two sandwiches for Bent.

"I always feed him," she said popping a chip in her mouth.

"Well you do too much for us. He's my son too. I have to be the father," I said.

She smiled looking down. "Thank you Justin. I love you."

I smile swallowing my bite. "I love you so much, always."

"I love you too" Emma voiced happily.