Part 62

Stronger

Part 62

*Selena's POV*

"Are you heading to the dance studio today?" I asked as I put the finishing touches on my make-up.

"Yeah we are gonna practice some of the dances. It shouldn't take too long," he said as he changed into a fresh shirt.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go have coffee with a friend and then I have to go to graduation rehearsal so I'll probably finish before you and pick up Emma and Jachito. Can you drop Bentley off on your way to the studio since it's closer for you and pick him up?"

I grabbed my handbag before looking at him for his answer.

"Of course. I love you, have fun?" He said kissing me softly.

"Love you babe!" I called out as I rushed to get the kids in the car for school.

On the way I prayed with them like I did every morning before kissing them as we got there.

"Have a good day! Be good," I said as I watched them walk into the school.

I had to admit I was a little nervous to go to coffee with Jake. It's wasn't like I felt bad, I just hadn't seen him in forever so it was nice to see him again.

As I walked in I ordered my usual coffee before I spotted him.

"Hey," he said with a smile standing up as I walked over.

We hugged before we both took a seat.

"How's your mom doing?" I asked running my finger on the brim of my drink.

"Worse than yesterday, better than tomorrow," he said with a shrug.

"I'm really sorry, Jake."

"Enough about me. How's Bent? I really miss him," he said with a small smile.

"He's actually doing pretty well. We have him in a therapy type dare care for deaf children. He said his first word. We are trying to get him to walk but you know he's stubborn, wants to do things on his own time," I said with a laugh.

"A couple of my friends are having this bonfire on Friday. You should come, you can even bring Justin," he said after we talked a little while longer about everything and nothing.

It always was so easy for me to talk to Jake. I knew that he would never judge me or make me feel bad so I was able to be one hundred percent honest with him.

"I would love to," I said with a smile. "Oh and Saturday I'm graduating. You should come to that."

"You really did it Sel. I said there would be no way to get your degree in a year and a half and you did it. Congratulation."

"Thanks," I said looking down with a faint blush on my face.

"Can we go see your mom now?" I asked as I stood up to throw away my empty cup.

"Yeah, she's going to be so happy to see you. They hadn't stopped talking about you. They really missed you."

"I missed them too," I said honestly as we left the coffee shop.

*Justin's POV*

"Okay one more time from the top," my choreographer said causing all the dancers to groan.

"Is this the last time?" I asked hopeful as I screws on the cap to my water.

"Yes then you all can go. One more time. No errors," he said clicking the button on the remote making the music start up.

"1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2, 3, 4," he said clapping as we all danced the steps he had shown us earlier.

In the middle of the song, my phone started to go off causing him to stop the music and look at me annoyed.

I ran over to my bag and got my phone out seeing it was the kids school.

"It's my children's school. I have to take this," I said stepping out of the room as I swiped my finger across the screen to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Bieber, this is Ms. Jessica, Emma and Jachito's teacher," she said clearing into the phone.

"Hi, Ms. Jessica. Is everything alright?"

"No, no one came to pick up the kids after school. It's been about 30 minutes but no one has come for them," she stated.

I sighed, "Okay, I'm so sorry. I'm on my way right now. I'll be there soon."

As I hung up I walked back into the room getting my bag.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. The kids need me. I see you tomorrow," I explained as I rushed out.

I quickly drove to Bent's dare care picking him up before going to the kids school.

"I'm so so so sorry," I said as I walking into the school. Everything except the one classroom that Jachito and Emma call there own, was shut off.

"It's okay, Mr. Bieber. We finished up the homework and I think they are really starting to get it," she said with a smile as the two little ones gathered their bags.

"You can call me Justin and I assure you, this will never happen again," I said as the kids began to walk out to the car. "Thank you again for staying with them. We really appreciate it."

As soon as we got in the car I called Selena through the Bluetooth I had set up.

"Hello?" She asked laughing as she answered the phone.

"Sel? Where are you? You were supposed to pick up the kids 45 minutes ago," I said kind of irritated.

I heard as she cursed under her breath before sighing. "I'm sorry. I lost track of time. I'm on my way home now. I'm sorry," she said before hanging up.

I wasn't mad that she didn't pick them up. I was mad that she forgot. She easily could have called me to tell me she wasn't going to have time. I had no problem with that but she didn't and that is what made me mad.

All I knew is she better have a good excuse.