Part 61

Stronger

Part 61

*Justin's POV*

"I think it's time we talk to Emma about the whole bullying thing and see if it's true," Selena said as she walking into the kitchen.

We had been home from Atlanta for a few days and I knew that what Emma's teacher said has really been eating Selena alive.

"EMMALEIGH" I called out.

Suddenly the house sounds of the pitter patter of little feet running across the hall.

"Yes daddy?" She said coming in.

I sat down in the seat next to Selena before I motioned for her to sit across from us.

Under the table to look Selena hand in both of mine, letting her know we were in the together.

"Sweetie, how is school?" Selena asked watching as Emma's face fell.

"Fine," she replied shorty.

"You never talk about school," I stated as she shrugged.

"Do you have any friends? What type of things do you do?" Sel asked.

"We work, then we have recess and art, then lunch and then we learn some more, read and go to music class."

"What's your favorite part of the day?" I asked.

"Going home," she smiled.

"Emma," I said narrowing my eyes.

"Probably when we do music or read," she said with yet another shrug.

Selena looked over at me with a slight smile before returning her attention to Emma.

"Do you have friends?" Selena asked again.

"Yes! I have blankie!" She said with a smile.

"Baby blankie's not real," I said.

She inhaled shaply as if I had offended her. "Yes he is!"

"Do you have any friends as school Emma?" Selena said rewording the question.

"I don't want friends. I like to be by myself."

"Why?" I asked squeezing Selena hand under the dark mahogany wood table.

"Cause friends can lie and be mean but I can't do that to myself," she stated.