Part 45

Stronger

Part 45

*Selena's POV*

Leila was right. It was definitely a long walk from the little village we staying at to the closet orphanage.

"That's was only a fraction on the walk that children have to walk to get clean water for their families," Leila explained as we tried our hardest not to collapse.

"This is the orphanage?" I asked once I regained my ability to breath.

We were currently standing in front of an old run down building that you would find in what you call a ghetto community in America. The building was mid sized with chipped, faded red paint.

"This is the best orphanage in all of Haiti," she said happily as she walked through the door that was falling off its rusted hinges.

"Mommy, I'm scared," Emma said holding onto my hand tighter as we walked in.

"They are just less fortunate," I said calming her down.

"How many children are there without parents in Haiti?" I asked as we walking though a door that was practically falling off the hinges.

"There are about a 400,000 or more orphans," Leila said to me as we walked right in and back to one of the halls.

"That right there is Samuel. He's nine months old and his mother died giving birth to him," she explained pointing out a little boy who was playing with other children.

"He's a little younger than Bentley Justin," I said looking up at him to see his face with a blank expression.

"This is Agwe. He's 7 years old and he lost his parents in the earthquake back in 2009, and he's been here ever since."

"He looks sad," Emma chimed in.

"He doesn't have a mommy and daddy like you do Emma," I said looking from her to the boy.

"This is Chanté she's been here since she was 5; She's now 12."

"What happened to her parents?" Justin asked for the first time since we got here.

"No one knows. This is Jachito. He's been here since he was born. He's now 4. He's about to be 5 in two days," she said.

"And his parents?" I asked.

"His mom died of sickness and his father died of starvation trying to keep his family alive," she explained causing my heart to break in two.

"Justin can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked not really looking at him.

We walked back out of the door that entered only 20 minutes before.

"Justin," I sighed crossing my arms as looked down at the dirt. "I know that we didn't decide if we were going to adopt or not..."

"Let's do it," he said.

"I know that's it's not what you want but I can't just leave someone like Jachito who has no family since birth in there. I mean he's Emma's age it just works so well," I said trying my hardest to fight for that little boy.

"Selena," Justin said putting a finger under my chin to lit my eyes up to his level. "I said let's do it. You were right. We have a chance to change that boys life. Give him opportunities that he never had in his wildest dream. We have a chance to do something good."

I smiled and threw my arms around him. "Thank you," I said fighting back to tears. "Let's go back in and get to know him a little better."

Justin smiled and grabbed my hand tight as we walked back in to our future son.

*Justin's POV*

Once we were back inside Selena, Emma and I began to go and try to get to know Jachito better.

He was able to speak a little bit of English but his main language was French. I knew a little bit of French but I had no idea what he was saying when he spoke it because even with the low level of education he had, he was still able to speak so fast and well.

It turned out that he was actually pretty funny. In a way he kind of reminded me of Jaxon when he was his age. He was also very sweet. The way he spoke was so kind and loving and I knew right there that we needed him in our family.

I smiled looking over at Selena before nodding to her.

"Jachito, how would you like to be apart of our family?" Selena asked with one of the biggest smiles I had ever seen her wear.

Instantly his eyes grew big and he sharply inhaled a breath. "Really?"

"Really," I said with a smile.

Jachito nodded as tears began to fill his eyes. He threw himself into our arms and Emma was very quick to join our family hug.

"Let go fill out the paper work," Leila said smile to see us so happy.

"Emma you stay here and play. If you need up were just down the hall okay?" Selena said kissing her head.

Emma nodded before smile at Jachito as they went to go play together.

"Thank you so much for doing this Ms. Gomez and Mr. Bieber. He was with us for so long, we just figured they no one would ever adopt him which was so sad because he is such a sweetheart. It's just so hard because people around here can barley feed themselves let along the children that they have," the adoption lady told us as we walked to the back room to fill out the needed papers.

"You've never had any problems with him?" Justin asked as he began to sign the paperwork.

"Never. He really is an angel," she said with a smile.

After about another hour our so we finished filling out the papers and we were finally able to make the long journey back to where we would be staying that night before we helped come of the locals tomorrow.