Part 56

Stronger

Part 56

*Selena's POV*

"I can't believe it's there first day of school," I said as Justin and I laid in bed the morning of Jachito and Emma's first day of kindergarten.

"I know, they are so grown up," Justin said running his fingers down my arm.

"Go get Bentley ready for Daycare. I'll wake up the kids," I said as I began to get up.

Before going to wake up the kids, I threw on some yoga pants and a tee shirt. I fixed my hair so it was up in a messy bun.

"Wake up, princess. It's your first day of school. Do you want me to do your hair?" I asked as I brushed my fingers along her face waking her up gently.

She sniffled and nodded her head as she sat up.

I climbed behind her on her bed pulling her hair back.

"Braid please," she mumbled.

"Back or side?" I asked running my hands through her hair.

"Side," she said as I bushed her hair angling myself so I could do her hair.

After we were done we picked out a cute outfit for her and I let her get dressed as I went to wake up Jachito.

"Baby, it's time to get up. You have school today," I said as I opened the blinds on the window after I kissed his cheek.

He was much easier than Emma and got up right away. I helped him pick out an outfit as well before going down to make breakfast.

"I got this babe," Justin said taking over making pancakes. "You go make sure their backpacks are good to go. And make sure Emma has her inhaler and that she take her medication."

I nodded going off to find their backpacks making sure they had all the needed.

Fresh pair of clothes just in case? Check.

Water bottle? Check.

Pencils? Check.

I went through the whole list before nodding to myself.

I shoved Emma's inhaler in the front pouch before going up to the room and grabbing my purse and Emma's present.

Justin and I had mentally prepared ourselves for this day for a while. Not just the fact that they were going off to school but that Emma has such a hard time leaving us so I knew she wasn't going to be the easiest so we got her a present hoping that would make it better.

"Sel your dads here! Come on it time to go!" He yelled as I put my bag on my shoulder going down the stairs.

"Thanks for watching him. We will be back in 45 minutes to get him for day care," I said as I kissed my dad's cheek rushing out the door behind the littles.

"Wait, I need a picture for Instagram," I said making them turn around and pose as I got a photo and uploaded it.

As we arrived at school I could tell Emma was nervous.

"Go ahead and get Jachito out. We'll be right there," I told Justin.

Once the boys were gone I climbed into the back next to Emma.

"I know you don't want to go but you have to. We are doing this because we love you and we know you will do so well in school and you got to share your knowledge with all the other students so they can be as smart as you. While you were with you mom the other day your dad and I got you a present," I said as I pulled the box out of my purse and handed it to her.

She opened it without a word before she smiled when she saw it.

"It's a locket, so daddy bent and I are always with you," I said as I got it out of the box and helped her put it on.

On one said of the diamond incrusted locket was a picture of me and Justin and the other was Bentley and Jachito.

"Thank you," she whispered with tears in her eyes as she held it in her hand.

Once we got out of the car we meet up with Justin and Jachito who were talking to the teacher.

"There they are. This is my fiancée and our daughter, Emmaleigh," Justin said with a smile as he wrapped his arm around me.

Emma held onto me for dear life unlike Jachito who had already gone off to play.

"Don't leave me!" She cried as Justin and I tried to go.

"Baby don't make this hard. We have to go. We wi be back when schools over okay?" Justin said trying to sooth her.

"No! Don't go!!" She yelled with tears streaming down her face.

"I got her," Ms. Jessica, their teacher said as she tried to distract her. "Come on sweetie. Let's go play with some of the other girls," she said practically ripping her off of me.

"Justin we can't leave her like this," I said watching how distort she was.

"Baby we have to let go and let the teacher handle it," he said towing me to the car.

*Justin's POV*

When people say dropping off their kids at the first day of school was hard, that was an understatement.

It killed me to see the pain in Emma's eyes as she kicked and screamed for us to stay with her but I knew that if we have in she would never grow.

"That was harder than I thought," Sel mumbled as we drove to the second task of the morning, dropping off Bentley at his first day of daycare.

"At least this one will be easier. Bentley won't even know we are gone," I said taking her hand in mine as I pulled up to the building. "Plus they will be able to teach him more than we can."

A few weeks ago, Selena and I found a deaf daycare where they teach the children sign language and even help them to hear and talk better.

"Well now or never," Selena sighed getting out of the car to get Bentley and his bag together.

Thankfully Bentley's drop off went a lot smoother than Emma's had.

"Man I don't know if I can do this every day," Selena said as we drove home.

I sighed and nodded holding her hand to let her know we were in this together.