Part 2

*Selena's POV*

"Honey, I can't do that. I'm with Jake. I love Jake. I wasn't meant to be with your dad. I'm sorry," I said as I tucked her into bed.

I turned off the lights with a sigh and closed the door. I walked slowly down the small hall way of our 2 story house into the bedroom that Jake and I shared.

"What wrong honey?" Jake asked as I plopped onto the bed with a sad expression all over my face.

"It's not that I miss Justin or that I'm still in love with him but I feel so bad for Emma. It's not fair to her the way we all treat her."

He pulled me into his arms and rubbed my back softly listening as I ranted on and on.

"I know, Selena. I understand. But it's not good to blame yourself. You did what you had to do for yourself and for Bentley. It wasn't fair for you to be treated like that," he reassured me causing me to look over at Bentley sleeping in his portable bed next to ours. I nodded my head slightly and he kissed my cheek. "Come on, let's just go to sleep. You'll feel better in the morning."

I slid out of his arms with my actress smile placed on my face, "You go ahead. I'm feeling a little muncky. I think I'm gonna run to the store real fast and get some ice cream."

"Are you sure? I can go for you if you want," he offered sitting up and grabbing his shoes.

"No, really. I'll go, you sleep. I love you," I said kissing his head before I rushed out of the room and closed the door behind me.

I wasn't really going to the store I just needed to get out of the house. It honestly felt like I couldn't breathe. I needed to get fresh air and clear my head.

*Justin's POV*

"JUSTIN!!" Fredo yelled as he walked into the house.

I threw a pillow from the sofa at him, "Bro shut up the Kate and Hayden are sleeping."

"Aw, Bieber not getting any action tonight so he's all grumpy," he said in a pouting baby voice as he sat next to me.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him flipping through the channels.

"How did the drop off go?" I asked looking over at him as I set the remote on my left.

He shrugged, "Fine."

"That's it? How is she?"

"She... she's happy," he said in a whisper.

I sighed letting my head sink down.

Since the day that Selena walked out of the door, I hadn't stopped thinking about her. Sure I was with Kate but it was a total rebound thing and the fact that we had two kids together also played a part. After I got back with Kate it only reminded me of why I loved Selena in the first place. Why we were right for each other.

"Is s-she still what that jack guy?"

"His name is Jake and yeah they are still together," he said. "He's actually a pretty cool guy, Justin."

I sighed and put my face into my hands. "I miss her," I said.

"Hey, man, it's okay. You get to see her at the trial. You can win her back," he said trying to reassure me but I wouldn't have it.

"You were at the wedding. You saw the look on her face when she found out. She was devastated. I broke her heart. I literally smashed it with a sledge hammer. She is never going to forgive me."

"If you really love her it's worth a try, don't you think?"

I sighed and nodded before I looked up hearing little feet coming down the staircase.

"Justin?" she said in a hoarse voice.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked turning around to look at her.

"You never came up to bed. I got worried," she said in a sad voice. She walked around the sofa to sit on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her as she laid her head on my chest.

I kissed her head and rocked her in my arms like I did with Hayden and Bentley.

"I should go," Fredo said looking at us.

I shook my head looking at Kate who was already asleep in my arms. "See, she's already out."

"If you love and miss Selena so much, why do you keep her around?" he said moving his head in mine and Kate's direction.

"I get lonely for one and the other one is if I close my eyes, I'm holding Selena. It's like all that bad stuff never happened. It doesn't feel the exact same but it's close enough," I said with a shrug looking at Kate.

"So Hayden was really your?"

"Now that I think about it, we never did a test. Kate and I and been together so many times I just assumed. Then all the stuff that happened at the wedding, it just got really hectic and I forgot."

Fredo's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Bro, if Hayden isn't your daughter, that could be your chance to win Selena back," he explained with a smile.

"I don't know man. I don't think she's mad that I had Hayden she's mad that I cheated on her," I said defeated.

"But it would help. Like I said, it's worth a try."

I nodded and looked down at Kate. "We'll go first thing in the morning. I'll tell Kate that we have some recording to do in the studio and we will go to the doctors and get the paternity test rushed. That way we have the results before the divorce. And maybe just maybe I can put a stop to the divorce."

"Okay dude, but you got to ditch Kate, either way."

I nodded looking down at her nodding. "I know. I will, promise."