Part 54

Stronger

Part 54

*Justin’s POV*

“This is just so frustrating!” I groaned as I walked around the front part of the studio trying my hardest to write a song.

It felt like I had lost the ability to write music, the ability just to write was gone. One moment it was there and the next it slipped from my fingers.

“Justin, calm down bro. We get have to get you in the swing of things. As soon as we get you in the place you won’t be able to stop,” Scooter said sympathetically.

I knew that he could tell I had really been trying hard but that didn’t matter to me. It wasn’t enough and I wasn’t going to settle for it.

“Maybe we should call Sel and ask her to bring the kids for some inspiration?” Fredo asked Scooter.

“Jay, just think of Selena. How does she make you feel? What’s the first thing you think about when you see her?”

I took a few more steps smiling to myself. “I’m happy. I can’t believe that’s she mine. When I see her, I see how I wronger her. I see someone who is selfless and caring and full of love. I see someone that I want to be and I want my kids to be. I see her and I see love and perfection. I see our life together. It’s like God gave me her.”

The moment I spoke those words, I couldn’t get them out of my head. Before I knew it, there was soon a rhythm for these lyrics also stuck deep into my head.

“God gave me you,” I spoke to myself, drumming out the beat on the soundboard.

“Paper. I need paper,” I said closing my eyes thinking about the words floating around.

“God gave me you for the ups and downs, God gave me you for the days of doubt,” I said as I wrote it down on a fresh sheet of paper.

“On my own I'm only, Half of what I could be, I can't do without you,” I spoke moving the words inside my head as I wrote down the notes needed for each word.

They let me get absorbed in the moment, writing everything that was on my mind and in my heart.

After a while of silence, I had a completed song. I couldn’t believe that after racking my brain for so long all I had to do what think about what Selena meant to me to write a song.

“How does this sound? I've been a walking heartache

I've made a mess of me

The person that I've been lately

Ain't who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me

Watch as the storm blows through

And I need you

Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs

God gave me you for the days of doubt

And for when I think I've lost my way

There are no words here left to say, it's true

God gave me you.”

Scooter stared at me in awe as I sang the words effortlessly.

“Justin, we have a hit. Let’s get this recorded and get out of here,” he said placing a hand on my back.

*Selena’s POV*

“Selena Marie Gomez!” Taylor yelled as she threw her arms around me.

“I missed you so much,” I sighed hugging her tighter. “You are one of the very few things I miss about being here.”

“I miss you too, so much. It’s like when you moved away, I lost a sister,” she said sitting down, getting comfortable on the sofa. 

“So fill me in. How are you and Ed?” I asked as I out a pillow in front of my body.

“We are so good. I love him so much,” she said causing her face to turn an adorable pink.

“I never got to hear about the honeymoon. I want details, but not too many details,” I said with a giggle.

“It was the most,” she paused to shake her head, “it was heaven on earth.”

“So what else is new?” I asked as reached to the side grabbing my cup of coffee.

I heard her take a deep breath before she began to spoke. “I’m pregnant,” she simply stated.

“Really? Oh my gosh, congratulation, Taylor. I’m so happy for you,” I said as I moved closer to hug her close. “Does Ed know?”

Suddenly, she began to smile uncontrollable. “Yeah, he was a little shocked at first but he’s happy. He’s really going to be such a great dad.”

“And you will be the best mother,” I said with a whole-hearted smile.

“Second best,” she noted.

I began to shake my head in protest. “No. No, no, I am nowhere near ‘best mother.’ I can think of a million and 4 people that are better mothers than me.”

“Sel, you’re a great mother. If I’m half the mother you are, my child is going to be very lucky.”

“I really have missed you so much,” I stated honestly while I managed to change the subject.

“Me too, Sel. We can’t let our friendship break apart. I want you to call me every day, even if it’s only for a few minutes,” she stated.

I happily nodded my head. “I promise.”