Part 32

*Selena's POV*

"Sel," Justin whispered to me, shaking me lightly. "Selena baby, your phone is going off."

I reached my hand out onto the night stand unlocking my phone.

"Hello?" I said with my eyes still closed.

As soon as I heard the voice through the line my eyes shot open. "Selena?" he asked.

I got up and Justin instantly gave me a weird look but before he could say anything I was out the door going back to the backyard.

"Jake? Are you okay?"

"I think I should be the one asking you that," he said.

"I don't understand," I commented.

"I heard about what's happening with Bentley. Is it true?" He whispered into the phone

"Jake you really shouldn't believe what the magazines say. You know that," I said sitting on the patio furniture.

"So it's a lie?"

I sighed. "No, it's true."

I heard him take a deep breathe through the phone. Honestly, I understood. He was in Bent's life for 10 months, even before he was born.

"Is he really having surgery on Wednesday?"

How did they get this information like seriously?

"Yeah, he is."

"Are you scared?"

I let out a breathy laugh and I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes. "Of course I'm scared. He's my only blood child. I don't know what to do anymore Jake. I just, I'm falling apart. I don't think you understand how bad it is. I feel like the whole world is crumbling around me."

"Would you mind if I came? For Bentley? I miss him, I want to be there for support," he explained.

"Jacob, I don't know if that's such a good idea..."

"Please," he begged. I could just picture him closing his eyes in desperation.

"Fine, only for Bentley thought. It's at 8. Don't be late," I said shaking my head to myself.

"Thank you, Selena. Thank you so much," he said before hanging up the phone.

I pulled my legs up and rested my forehead on my knees trying to get a grasp on everything that was happening.

I was sitting there for a long time thinking about how much my life had changed in the past 2 years alone, when Justin's came and sat beside me.

He pulled me close to him as I rested my head on his lap looking up at him.

"Who was that?" he asked brushing my hair back with his hand.

"Jake," I answered honestly.

He took a big breath and rolled his eyes. "What did he want?"

"To go to Bent's surgery."

Justin let out a bitter laugh. "How did he react when you said no?"

I shrugged my shoulders and looked in the direction of the pool.

"What do you mean you don't know."

"I didn't tell him no," I whispered.

Justin slid me off his lap standing up. "You told him yes? What were you thinking?"

"Whether you like it or not, he was apart of Bentely's life for a long time, Jay. He misses him and wants to be there for him. What's so wrong with that?"

*Justin's POV*

The problem was I know how guys think. He may have said he wanted to be there for Bentley but he was really trying to steal my woman, and with all the trouble we had been having it wouldn't be too hard. Therefore, there was no way on God's green earth was I going to let him into the picture whatsoever.

-

"Justin!" Selena yelled running through the house like a child.

"In my office!" I yelled sliding my paperwork across my desk the second she walked in.

"So, I was talking to my dad and he came up with the best idea ever."

"What's that?" I asked propping my elbows up on the desk resting my head on my hands.

"We should move to Texas!"

I watched her, waiting and hoping she would burst out in laughter and tell me she was kidding. However, she had the most serious look on her face.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Think about it. It's more secluded, so we can deal with the family stuff in private. We have plenty on money to get us by. We can get a little farm down there in Grand Prairie. It would be great for the kids and Dallas has the best otologists in the US. It just makes sense to go. Get away for a while," she explained happily.

"What about tour?"

She bit her lip slightly trying to hide her smile. "I already talked to Scooter and he said that it would be fine to push the tour back a year or so."

I moved my face into my hands before taking a deep breathe.

"6 months," I said.

"6 months what?" she asked confused.

"We go to Texas for 6 months, if it doesn't work by then we move back without complaints."

She let out a squeal and moved to pull me into a hug. She smiled one of the biggest smiles that I had ever seen. She kissed my head and my cheek and my lips over and over thanking me.

"I'm going to go start packing! We leave after the surgery!" she yelled running out of the office.

I shook my head and sat back in my chair. What was I going to do with this girl?

Who knows though, maybe this was going to be good for us. I think that it will help us grow as a family.

Well it looks like we are moving to Texas. Yee haw.