Part 21

*Selena's POV*

I couldn't believe that I did what I did. It was so bold but I knew in that moment that it was the right thing to do.

Not even a minute after I got into my room Justin was knocking at my door. I smirked as I turned around to open the door.

"What was that? You just tell me you love me, kiss me than then leave?" he asked dumbfounded.

"I have to leave you wanting more," I said in a seductive tone.

"Selena, you can't do this to me. Our kids are in the next room," he sighed trying to keep his composure.

I laughed and kissed his cheek before walking over and lying on the bed.

"Hold on. Stay here!" he called running out of the room.

I shrugged and moved back on the bed, turning on the TV.

About ten minutes or so later, Justin walked in the room and sat on the edge of my bed.

"The kids are asleep," he said, not looking at me.

I nodded and kept my eyes on the TV.

"Selena, we need to have a real talk," he stated.

I took a deep breath knowing that this was coming sooner or later.

"Where do we stand?"

"Where do you want us to?" I asked playing with my hands in my lap.

"Honestly?"

I slumped my shoulders. "No I want you to lie," I answered back sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes "I want us to be together, of course. I want to have another chance to do it right, treat you the way I should have all that time ago. We are both different now, older, wiser and now is our chance."

Of course I wanted to be with Justin again but I didn't know if my heart could handle the hurt again. And now I had to think about the kids, especially Emma. I didn't want to put her through another break up.

But if I didn't take the chance, I would spend the rest of my life wondering how it would have been if I did.

"Okay, but I want to take it slow. And for now we need to keep it just between us. I don't want the kids to know until we are certain this will work. So no kissing in front of them or anything, got it?"

A smile masked over his face as he leaned in closer to me kissing me before pulling away and whispering on my lips, "Got it."

"That includes Fredo. I don't even want him knowing," I said knowing that Justin would run off and tell him as soon as he got the chance.

"Okay," he muttered before climbing up next to me as we turned to watch the movie that was playing.

*Justin's POV*

It felt so amazing to have Selena back, to feel her in my arms.

I honestly spent more time watching her and playing with her fingers than actually watching the movie, but that was alright with me.

When the movie was over we decided it was best for her to stay in the other room while I went back with the kids.

I kissed her goodnight before heading out of the room and going next door to check on the kids and get ready for bed myself.

-

"Rise and shine," Selena said seductively in my ear. My eyes flashed open to see Emma sitting on the bed next to me playing by herself with one of her baby dolls, and Selena nowhere in sight.

I sighed and rubbed my hands on my face trying my best to wake myself up.

"Where's Selena?" I asked looking over at Emma.

"She went down to get breakfast. She took Bentley with her," she said.

"And why didn't you go?" I asked as I slid out of bed.

She shrugged and went to cradling her doll. "I wasn't hungry."

"Baby, you have to eat. You have to have energy because your room is being done today. Isn't that exciting?" I asked as I walked around the room throwing all the shirts and pants and stuff into my bag.

I looked up to see a soft smile painted on her face as she nodded. "You're going to stay with Uncle Fredo while they set up the furniture and we even had someone come in to paint the room yesterday so it would be all ready for you," I said as I zipped up my bag.

"Pink?" she asked lifting her head slightly.

"Of course," I said with a laugh.

After Selena finally made it back, we hopped in the car and dropped the kids off with good ol' Uncle Fredo. The kids could have been there while we were getting everything settled but Selena and I needed some time away from the kids.

They unloaded the sofa first and so Sel and I would have a place to sit while they undid the rest, however Selena had other plans. She was going around the house the whole time like a crazy person hanging pictures and paintings and curtains and a bunch of other girly stuff with fancy names that no guy could ever remember.

I had to admit thought when all of it was done and unpacked the house looked picture perfect.

I was happy that this was going to be the house that we would raise our children in and if I was lucky more children. A guy can only dream.